Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Investment Banking Associate
San Francisco, CA 94104
Technology focused Investment bank is seeking an Associate committed to pursuing a long-term career focused on providing financial advice to its corporate clients. The successful candidate will play an integral role on its Investment Banking team, providing quantitative and analytical support for mergers, acquisitions, and other financial advisory services. Associates work closely with senior bankers during all stages of the transaction so they develop both the execution and client skills required to be an effective senior banker.
- Serve as a leader, mentor, trainer and supervisor to Analysts
- As an individual contributor you are expected to produce high quality deliverables such as descriptive memorandums, management presentations, Board materials and other presentation materials for use in M&A transactions or strategic client dialog
- Review, create and maintain complex financial models and valuation analyses, including company three statement models, discounted cash flow analyses, trading comparables, precedent transactions, LBO analyses, merger models and transaction impact analyses
- Oversee daily deal execution, while interacting with senior deal team members, client management teams, transaction counter-parties and other advisors
- Leverage and coordinate the bank's resources on behalf of the client, including industry knowledge from partners in industry coverage groups and expertise from product partners in debt and equity capital markets and corporate finance advisory
- In addition to reviewing and analyzing company information, a candidate must support clients in due diligence by coordinating the information flow, supervising calls and meetings between the parties.
- Content creation in form of presentation slides for pitch materials to clients as well as refining client management presentations
- Bachelors' degree from a leading university; MBA is required for candidates that were not directly promoted, or pending promotion, from Analyst to Associate within a leading Investment Bank
- At least 2 full years of experience in Capital Markets, Investment Banking or a Corporate Finance related role (i.e. pre-MBA, or equivalent level for direct Analyst promotes).
- Direct experience in execution of M&A transactions is highly preferred, but will consider candidates with experience in an industry coverage group, private equity or similar field
- Very strong financial modeling/valuation and analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of corporate finance and accounting, as well as understanding of key structuring aspects related to M&A transaction
- Experience managing the day-to-day execution of different types of projects and processes
- Ability to comfortably interact with clients in a professional and mature manner
- Outstanding ethics, integrity and judgment
- Intellectual curiosity, strong work ethic and desire to learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects with different deal teams
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and defend their validity
- Excellent technology skills with superior Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to quickly learn new software applications.
Direct Hire Recruiter
Kurt has worked in the recruiting industry in San Francisco for more than a decade, placing candidates primarily in finance, tech, non-profits and food & beverage industries. He specializes in filling roles in Human Resources, Administrative Support and Accounting & Finance. Originally from New England, he studied acting in college and in grad school, plays guitar and is a singer/songwriter in his spare time.