Long Term Contract
The aim of the role is to support product development activities that are commercially viable through the whole cycle, including initial development, scale-up and commercialization, ensuring a flawless launch. Moreover, to support any project related activities internally and externally that support the product development team to manage projects from concept to launch phase
- Support the development team on cost reduction and development projects for specified customers, proactively and/or in response to briefs
- Execute and coordinate compounding and application of products onto the appropriate base for tasting (internally and externally). This includes preparing samples for research, lab analysis, shelf-life tests, retention samples and any other requirements e.g. dispatching of samples to internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Participate in internal Sensory Evaluation activities to develop a strong awareness of the sensory attributes of new products and raw materials. Coordinate internal evaluations of newly developed products to ascertain required modifications.
- Support any administrative activities related to R&D processes and systems
- Complete more general tasks from time to time to support the general business as appropriate.
- Diploma - Food Technology, Biotechnology or equivalent qualification
- 2-5 years of product development experience
- Team Player – ability to interact cross-functionally
- Self-starter – ability to initiate without being prompted
- Self-motivating – taking ownership and accountability
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Highly adaptable to change
- Good communication skills – ability to present to internal and external stakeholders
- High Intellectual curiosity – research orientated
- Ability to develop customer relationships and maintain customer intimacy
- Attention to detail