Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
LOA Specialist 1
20427 N 27th Ave Phoenix, Arizona 85027 | Contract To Hire
Excellent opportunity to enter into an already large and still expanding company in NW Phoenix!
The Leave of Absence Coordinator is responsible the accurate processing of all tasks necessary to provide employees with accurate LOA records.
- Intake incoming calls from employees regarding new and existing LOA claims
- Document new and existing claims within the case management system
- Maintain and respond timely to incoming written requests via email, fax, and case management system
- Provide administrative support to LOA Administrators in the creation and maintenance of employee files
- Provide guidance in interpreting leave policies, federal and state leave laws & leaves covered under a collective bargaining agreement for employees, managers and HR team.
- Develop and send applicable letters to employees detailing the status of their leave application and leave implications (pay, benefits, return to work, etc.).
- Maintain and audit records of employees on leaves of absence.
- Instruct timekeepers on appropriate time reporting during leaves utilizing applicable policies.
- Create and maintain LOA reports
- Partner with LOA Administrator on various leave issues and concerns.
- Participate in various leave projects as assigned.
- Complete follow-up calls with employees as they transition back to work
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Education Level: Associates degree preferable in Human Resources, or related field.
One or more years LOA experience in a large organization. One or more years of a payroll or human resources operation.
Skills and Experiences:
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft HRMS application or similar software.
- Knowledge of State and Federal Laws, HR and Benefits.
- Working knowledge of leave management systems.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, to have the appropriate level of interaction with customers interpreting policies, procedures and technical applications.
- Proven team player with excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to manage confidential information.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills to ensure all tasks are performed timely, legally and ethically.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: None
- Sits for extended periods of time.
- Bending, stooping and twisting required periodically.
- Uses calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Workday is fast paced.