Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
LOA Specialist 1
20427 N 27th Ave Phoenix, Arizona 85027 | Contract
- Intake incoming calls from employees regarding new and existing LOA claims
- Document new and existing claims within the case management system
- Maintain and respond timely to incoming written requests via email, fax, and case management system
- Provide administrative support to LOA Administrators in the creation and maintenance of employee files
- Provide guidance in interpreting leave policies, federal and state leave laws & leaves covered under a collective bargaining agreement for employees, managers and HR team.
- Develop and send applicable letters to employees detailing the status of their leave application and leave implications (pay, benefits, return to work, etc.).
- Maintain and audit records of employees on leaves of absence.
- Instruct timekeepers on appropriate time reporting during leaves utilizing applicable policies.
- Create and maintain LOA reports
- Partner with LOA Administrator on various leave issues and concerns.
- Participate in various leave projects as assigned.
- Complete follow-up calls with employees as they transition back to work
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Education Level: Associates degree preferable in Human Resources, or related field.
One or more years LOA experience in a large organization. One or more years of a payroll or human resources operation.
Skills and Experiences:
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft HRMS application or similar software.
- Knowledge of State and Federal Laws, HR and Benefits.
- Working knowledge of leave management systems.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, to have the appropriate level of interaction with customers interpreting policies, procedures and technical applications.
- Proven team player with excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to manage confidential information.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills to ensure all tasks are performed timely, legally and ethically.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: None
- Sits for extended periods of time.
- Bending, stooping and twisting required periodically.
- Uses calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Workday is fast paced.