Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Lead Residential Carpenter - Project Manager
Redwood City, CA
REMODELING RESIDENTIAL PROJECT MANAGER
We are looking for a Project Manager to support a great company the Mid-San Francisco Bay Peninsula that specializes in full service residential remodeling services. The firm has been in business since 1977 and has a great reputation and specializes in high-end custom kitchens, bathrooms and complete home renovations. We are expanding our production team and seek a highly motivated Project/Sit Manager who demonstrates exceptional construction project management skills, coupled with superior attention to detail and willingness to be hands-on (put on the tool belt) when necessary.
The ideal candidate exhibits a positive attitude and professional demeanor, is self-motivated, takes initiative, and inspires excellence among team members. They possess well-developed oral and written communication skills with the personal touch expected by our discerning clientele.
“Complete satisfaction of any size project” is our creed as clients pay for a first-class job with first-class service and require an exceptional positive experience. They appreciate the superior craftsmanship and impeccable attention to detail this company is known for.
Value is on honest commitment and creativity in reducing stress and solving challenges so our clients feel that their projects are truly our projects. We assure the job is done right the first time!
The Project Manager reports directly to the General Manager. They are responsible for planning, coordinating, and overseeing day-to-day field production. Responsibilities include working directly with clients, with all levels of company employees, contract workforce, subcontractors, and vendors. They understand and properly address customer requirements.
Key Job Duties:
• Represent the company image and esteemed brand and creed.
• Team oriented.
• Assess and optimize company resources, equipment, and personnel.
• Identify and implement goals and objectives to meet the company’s vision, mission, and long range strategic plans.
• Responsible for projects being completed on-time and on-budget.
• Participate in pre-construction preparation and creating project schedules.
• Review and evaluate estimates before construction begins.
• Clarify questions and concerns with estimates, blueprints, etc.
• Communicate clearly and concisely the client’s desired result to subcontractors and key team members.
• Present estimates and participate in bid reviews with senior management to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Meticulously document production activities and report progress at company production meetings.
• Execute all change order forms with client signature for processing.
• Supervising and mentoring the construction team.
• In collaboration with Lead Carpenters, manage material takeoffs, orders and equipment needed at each job site.
• Assure job site activities have a successful outcome and results that are seamless (all behind the scenes activities are achieved smoothly).
• Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures.
• Able to manage, at one time, multiple projects.
• Troubleshoot issues that could affect the quality of the project.
• Complete employee performance assessments.
• Is instrumental in employee career planning.
• Monitor safety and promote a “zero injury” culture.
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Tools of the Trade:
• 10+ years of experience in residential construction and is highly skilled in all aspects of remodeling, construction, and administration of a project.
• Excellent English, both written and spoken.
• Fluent in Spanish is a definite plus.
• Own basic carpentry tools (hand tools, battery operated) in working order.
• Clean, reliable pick-up truck.
• Valid California Driver’s License.
• Must be available for extended work hours, as required.
• Physically demanding work.
• Some travel required.
Generous compensation package commensurate with experience, attractive benefits (e.g., 401K, Full medical insurance, paid holidays and sick leave; paid vacations, and paid cell phone). We are members of Build-It-Green and NARI.