Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Bilingual Spanish)
Palmdale, CA 93550
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
The Behavioral Health Clinician works with primary care providers to ensure that the medical and psychosocial needs of each patient are addressed. Our goal is to improve patient health outcomes through quality care and integrated caseload focused consultation. The Behavioral Health Clinician has the primary responsibility for responding to the clinical and psychosocial needs of patients referred by Primary Care Physicians and/or Social Services Supervisor or Community Advocates.
The Behavioral Health Clinician uses strengths-based wellness, resilience and recovery models in conceptualizing the health and healthcare of members. Promise Health Plan clinicians are expected to be flexible in function and role; able to effectively adapt in a fast-paced, non-traditional clinical setting using developmentally and culturally sensitive best practices.
- Addresses referrals from providers including referrals via warm hand-offs
- Assesses patients using standardized assessment/screening tools, measures, etc.
- Participates in care coordination with internal and external resources.
- Provides crisis assessments/triage with appropriate interventions.
- Participates in daily huddles to assess needs and coordinate services.
- Maintains daily scheduled appointments in our electronic records systems
- Provide therapeutic services to patients and their families
- Work in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members including external partners to perform other related activities designed to provide integrated health care services.
- Completes required documentation and paperwork including biopsychological assessments and treatment planning and implementation in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates cultural competency and commitment to patients.
- Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy of the organization.
- Maintain case load of 25 to 30 patients weekly, and a minimum of 5 patients a day.
- Effectively communicates with all staff, providers, and community partners
- Provide Patient advocacy as needed.
- Provide evidence based psychotherapeutic interventions tailored to patient needs.
- Knowledge of integrated behavioral health, mental health recovery, harm reduction, age specific growth and development, crisis and behavioral management is expected
- Knowledge of substance abuse behavioral management
- Working knowledge of administrative practices and procedures, HIPPA regulations, Policies and Procedures related to behavioral health
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Able to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
- Demonstrate willing to adapt to change.
- Be able to prioritize workload while remaining flexible.
- Confident positive manner and appearance.
- A medical mindset to understand the theories, reasons, and technical aspects of medicine.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Knowledge in the fields of medicine, anatomy and physiology
- Ability to work with an Electronic Medical Records System.
What we would like to see:
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
- 3 - 5 years experience providing clinical services in the mental health field
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in an outpatient/ambulatory care setting.
- Experience should be in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and/or Urgent Care
- Minimum of 2 years experience with Electronic Medical Records, MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook
- License Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- CPR and first aid certification required
- Current California License
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 to $39.00 /hour
If this sounds like a good fit, please email your updated resume to our Program Manager, Nora Kawaguchi, to be considered. Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.