Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Francisco Bay Area, California 94102 | Direct Hire
Healthcare Division is looking for two Sr. MEP Coordinators for projects in the Greater Bay Area
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Supervision of Mechanical/Electrical Superintendent
• Able to perform all Mechanical/Electrical Superintendent responsibilities
• Recruit, train and supervise activities of all Division Mechanical/Electrical Superintendents
• Evaluate future demand for Mechanical/Electrical superintendents by monitoring backlog and attending staff meetings as appropriate
• Monitor each Mechanical/Electrical superintendent’ s compliance with their job descriptions and responsibilities and conduct formal employee performance evaluations
• Act as “ contact” for all Project Manager and Superintendent requests for Mechanical/Electrical Superintendent needs
• Assist in developing sequences of installation for mechanical and electrical components
• Assist in establishing milestones for completion of various systems to allow sufficient time for pre-testing and testing
• Assist in establishing testing schedule for each subcontractor’ s individual components leading up to coordinated testing of systems involving several contractors
• Assist in establishing shop drawing and submittal schedules and see to their maintenance and follow-up. Help identify long lead items, and see to their inclusion in the Master project Schedule, including all updates
• Monitor compliance with all schedules
• Assist in establishing job close-out schedules and implement specific procedures for close-out including submittals of as-builts, O&M manuals and Owner’ s training
Shop Drawings and Submittals
• Review for compliance with contract documents
• Review for proper scope coordination among all trades and ensure that appropriate submittals are exchanged among trades where necessary
• Check-off list developed to show completion dates for Set-in-Place, Wired, Controlled, Testing, and Accepted phases
• Estimating and Preconstruction
• Review mechanical and electrical preliminary estimates and preliminary schedules for accuracy
• Review subcontractor budgets, scope sheets, qualifications, exclusions, etc.
• Review subcontract proposals for scope, price and compliance with general contract
• Determine which systems will be considered in coordination activities (see attached list).
• Facilitate VDC processes, if applicable.
• Underground – plumbing, piping, conduits, grounding, shoring, foundations.
• Interstitial Space– ductwork, mechanical equipment, fire sprinkler, conduits and cabling, piping, fire/smoke dampers, framing, structural steel, seismic bracing, lighting, pneumatic tube, service access.
• Wall Framing and Rating – Piping, conduit, wall mounted equipment, j-boxes, interference walls, damper framing, access doors, wall bracing, fire stopping.
• Roof and penthouse – Equipment curbs, sleepers, platforms, penetrations, vibration isolation, discharge/intake proximity, equipment screens.
• Life Safety – Fire alarm, fire/smoke dampers, smoke detection, door closure, fire sprinkler flow, central station dialing, air handling shut down, smoke evacuation, elevator recall.
• Normal and Emergency Power – Utilities, Generators, switch gear, emergency and egress lighting, transfer switches, load shedding and fuel oil systems.
• Medical and Imaging Equipment - Mechanical and electrical connections, owner provided, contractor provided, anchorage, wall and ceiling backing.
• Low Voltage systems – BMS, lighting controls, fire alarm, smoke control, security, telecom cabling, IT equipment cooling, fire alarm central stations dialing, control system modem lines.
• Participate in weekly subcontractor’ s meeting, as necessary
• Arrange special meetings and keep appropriate notes when necessary to coordinating subcontractor’ s shop drawings, address special design problems with subcontractors and consultants, etc.
• Monitor on-site work to ensure compliance with contract requirements and schedule and contribute progress information to periodic update
• Inspect equipment, materials, and fabrications stored off-site to verify payment requests
• Identify work of other trades which requires coordination with mechanical and electrical work such as drywall, elevators, finish hardware, etc.
• Assist Project Manager in reviewing change order request for scope and pricing
• Assist in developing and implementing programs for temporary mechanical and electrical systems and/or the temporary use of permanent systems
• Make recommendations on subcontractor performance, abilities and suitability for bidding certain jobs, and on key subcontractor personnel to request for certain jobs
• Review mechanical and electrical payment requests and billing breakdowns
• Develop and maintain working relationships with building, plumbing and electric inspectors
• Perform manual work only in rare circumstances when, in employee’ s independent judgment, exigent circumstances require it
• Document final close-out and Owner’ s acceptance
• Ability to travel as required by management
• Ability to supervise multiple projects over a large geographic area as required by management
Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Degree in construction or engineering or equivalent experience
• Extensive field construction experience at supervisory level (Minimum 8 years as Mechanical Electrical Superintendent)
• Technical background in electrical/mechanical trades
• Knowledge of OSHA laws
• Contractual background
• Knowledge of job scheduling, planning, expediting and cost control Effective English verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to identify, address and solve jobsite problems
• Strong sense of urgency
• Knowledge of craft labor assignments