Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Paicines, CA 95043 | Direct Hire
Under minimal supervision, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for daily supervision, training, and hands-on participation of shared cellar and maintenance operations. This position will concentrate on facilities and maintenance operations for all tasks associated with actively assessing and maintaining overall equipment condition/operation/reliability. In addition, this position will work with the Production Shift Supervisor to prioritize the sharing of staff and resources to complete maintenance and cellar work.
- Provides leadership and personal support; coaches, guides, nurtures, and develops the right people; leads by example
- Drives company focus, manages culture, encourages strong work ethic, and fosters an environment of trust and respect
- Develops individual performance plans in alignment with company goals and objectives; communicates clearly defined objectives; maintains level of productivity in unit
- Trains employees to do their job; set standards for work performance
- Monitors performance and provides feedback to direct reports through formal quarterly and annual reviews; regularly communicates with staff to achieve mutual understanding and desired results
- Recognizes and addresses performance strengths and limitations of staff
- Manages employee attendance to ensure compliance with company standards; approves/monitors overtime
- Communicates and supports company policies and decisions in a positive manner
- Handles employee issues, concerns, and complaints in an objective and confidential manner
- Provides employees with a safe, comfortable, and rewarding work environment
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of department budget
- Oversees maintenance requirements and supports company facilities. Determines preventative and reactive maintenance; schedules, prioritizes and assigns work activities based on production priorities, short and long-term needs, and team member skill level. Requests materials and supplies in support of these work activities as per Delegation of Authority guidelines
- Prepares, maintains and/or reviews logs, datasheets and maintenance management system reports to ensure adequate production levels, identify production equipment/system/process abnormalities and monitors equipment and associated problems. Uses this information and other key data to drive continuous improvement
- Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains a wide variety of facility plumbing, structures, mechanical, bottling and electrical systems. Works closely with other supervisors, team members and stakeholders to ensure maximum utilization of resources, productivity and effective interaction. Spends approximately 70% of time on the floor making rounds, assisting, monitoring and coaching.
- Oversees cross-training of maintenance staff to cellar operations and cellar staff to maintenance operations in order to build cross-functional expertise.
- Coordinates additional maintenance support services from the maintenance departments at the Manteca and DMW facilities.
- Provides hands-on support, assigns daily tasks, monitors output, and communicates changes to the cross-functional team.
- Enforces Safety, ISO, GMP, DOE, LEAN and other applicable business critical standards, potential issues or other related items are communicated and dealt with in compliance with company standards
- Summarizes daily reports into monthly data
- Reviews data for machinery defects, product response plans and product dispositions; recommends and implements improvements
- Other duties may be assigned
- AA/AS degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance and basic refrigeration and electrical a plus
- At least 5-7 years mechanical experience in Industrial Maintenance and 2-3 years supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possesses ability to analyze test results, machine error messages, blueprints, repair manuals, parts catalogs, and information obtained from operators to understand, diagnose and correct equipment problems.
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events), possesses the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Knowledge of analytical, scientific, spreadsheet, word processing, facilities maintenance, and e-mail software.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications, programming, and PLC ladder logic.
- Basic understanding of preventive maintenance programs (CMMS)
- Constant exposure to the elements and temperature variation working both indoors and outdoors and at heights up to 45 feet. Some work areas require ear and eye protection. Exposure to standard maintenance material including batteries, lubricating fluids, paints, solvents, etc. This position is on a rotating shift schedule.
- Protected Heights
- Marked Temperature & Humidity Exposure
- Drives Automotive Equipment
- Exposed to Dust, Fumes and Gases
- Close Quarters or Confined Spaces
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer