Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Managing Director - Executive Search
San Francisco, CA 94015
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is looking for a dynamic and results oriented Managing Director - Executive Search. The ideal candidate has a record of success in leading a team of recruiters with particular focus on direct hire placements across a variety of industries and verticals including; Human Resources and Talent, General and Administrative, Accounting, Engineering, Biopharmaceutical and Health Care, Retail, Creative, Marketing and Professional Services verticals. The position is based in San Francisco's Financial District.
The Managing Director is responsible for developing and growing our direct hire/executive search team within the San Francisco Bay Area by ensuring individual and team goals are met. The Managing Director will hire, train, and develop a team of recruiters and set placement and revenue targets while continuing to make placements alongside the team. The Managing Director generates leads through ongoing marketing and networking within the local business communities. They cultivate strong partner relationships by meeting with clients and candidates, and understand client needs so they can address them through customized staffing solutions. They are skilled at attracting new business and closing deals. The Managing Director is always building the company’s profile, looking for more business, supporting the team, and generating gross profit and revenue.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, motivate and develop staff in an effort to create strong team members that contribute to success and growth
- Lead a team of recruiters who will source, interview, and match candidates with our clients’ direct hire opportunities
- Create and maintain staff levels consistent with team goals, including growing and adjusting workforce as needed
- Engage staff daily to ensure operational and sales standards are maintained at the highest level
- Direct the staffing sales efforts of the team, as well as make personal contributions towards team goals
- Ensure client retention by building business relationships and connections, listening to the needs of those clients, and presenting quality candidates
- Maintain responsibility for team’s growth in GP and revenue
- Responsible for ensuring individual and team goals are clear and met
- Assist client program managers as needed
- Management experience within the staffing industry, leading direct-hire recruiters. Will consider Senior Level Recruiters able and ready to take next step.
- Experience recruiting and staffing for administrative, clerical, and professional services position a must. Additional experience within Information Technology and Engineering a plus.
- Experience in client business development
- Track-record of training, mentoring and developing employees
- Must be able to work with all levels of employees, clients, candidates, and executives with professionalism
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively with client representatives and candidates
- Must have strong knowledge in IT Systems, including MS Office
WM is an equal opportunity employer.