Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Mechanical Project Leader
San Diego, California | Direct Hire
A San Diego based firm is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to add to their team of professionals. Their expertise is HVAC, plumbing and fire protection engineering services focused in healthcare, educational, commercial facilities and central plants, with large projects in the private/public industry. The company offers a very competitive salary, benefits and bonus programs.
The ideal candidate would have broad experience in the design of commercial HVAC systems and meet the majority of the following desired qualifications:
- Bachelor' s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience working in a consulting engineering firm.
- Current (P.E.) as a Mechanical Engineer is highly desired but not required for the right candidate.
- LEED accreditation is highly desired.
- REVIT experience preferred - latest version of AutoCAD experience required.
Required Skill Sets:
· Demonstrated leadership ability.
· Ability to mentor young engineers and participate in their training.
· Ability to manage multiple deadlines while maintaining quality.
· Ability to review other' s work and give appropriate feedback to insure quality control.
· Working knowledge of Structural, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
· Ability to participate in construction phase services such as submittal reviews, RFI' s and shop drawing reviews.
· Ability to use good engineering judgment in resolving problems that arise in the field.
· High degree of interpersonal and relationship building skills.
· Ability to understand client' s desired outcome as it relates to budget and timing and drive designs to meet those outcomes.
· Strong desire to increase skills and knowledge through additional training.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Basic knowledge of Life Cycle Costing analysis
· Salary for the position commensurate with experience
· Performance based quarterly or midyear bonuses
· Annual profit sharing contribution
· 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
· Employee 100% paid medical
· Dental and Vision insurance
· Individual Life Insurance
· Short and Long-Term Disability