Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Medical Records Specialist - HIM
Mountain View, CA
Mountain View, CA
HIM Specialist II - MV
* Position will cover HIM functions related to release of information to payors, attorney requests, and public/patient requests.
The HIM Specialist II is responsible for daily chart collection of patient medical records from nursing units / designated areas for chart preparation and scanning into the legal medical record per set protocols; analysis of documentation to assure the record is complete through quantitative and qualitative analysis as defined by Joint Commission and Medical Staff Bylaws and assigns relevant deficiencies to providers; performs physician suspension process and acts as physician liaison for record completion; processes paper medical records for offsite storage requests and returns medical records from/to off-site storage; releases protected health information according to HIM policies and procedures and state and federal regulations; accesses the transcription system to process and electronically submit transcribed reports to legal medical record; performs functions as the hospital birth recorder by electronically submitting birth certificate information utilizing the state electronic birth recording system in compliance with Santa Clara County procedures and regulations to include interviewing parents in order to obtain required information, abstracting clinical indicators and obtains required signatures of parents and physicians. Processes patient portal activation requests as well as reviewing and approving proxy access. Reviews next day surgery schedules and prepares POLST and/or Advance Directive documentation for each visit. Prepares productivity reports using Excel.
The HIM Specialist II will be required to work occasional weekends and holidays as scheduled. May be required to work alternate shifts / alternate campuses and others duties as assigned to meet operational needs of the department.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Partial completion in an accredited health information technology program, preferred.
3. Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office.
4. Minimum of two years’ experience performing chart analysis, birth recording and/or release of information in an acute care Health Information Management department.
5. Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
6. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and interruptions.
7. Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
8. Attention to detail in order to differentiate text and numeric sequences.
9. Work in a fast pace environment, maintain a high concentration level, and work independently, as well as in a team environment.
10. Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule with occasional weekend or holiday hours at either hospital site.