Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Mortgage Servicing Compliance Analyst
Mortgage Loan Processor Role - Amazing Company- Voted "Best Place to Work California" - Convenient Sacramento, CA location
Also available positions in Senior Underwriting, Senior Loan Processor, Specialty Loan Processing (Equity, VA, FHA), Doc Drawer and Loan Funding
Pay Rate: $33-35 an hour (based on experience)
This is an amazing company in the Sacramento area that is looking for skilled Mortgage Processing professionals to join their team. The company is a premier credit union with offices throughout the state and over 10billion in assets. This role would sit in the corporate offices in Sacramento. They are open to a relocation sign on bonus if necessary and have an amazing collaborative culture where you can flourish and develop within your career.
We are looking for someone who has strong customer service experience in Mortgage Lending, coordinating all aspects of the home and/or equity product from origination, report and document processing and correspondence with customers and vendors. There are roles available from Senior Processor, Processor, Underwriter (FHA/VA) and Document Funder so we can see what would be the right fit for you.
Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
Minimum five (5) years’ experience with various areas of servicing including Mortgage, HELOC’s, Equity products, Bankruptcy, Legal Settlements, loss mitigation, or related field (i.e. underwriting, credit etc.) with banks, savings and loans, credit unions or other finance companies.
Advanced knowledge of consumer loans underwriting, operations, and administration processes.
Long work hours may be required to accomplish tasks, including nights and weekends.
- Review processes and identify areas of inherent risk based on probability and impact of breakage.
- Assist with the design and implementation of controls to effectively monitor and minimize inherent risk to the department
- Develop and conduct tests scripts on internal, vendor and mortgage sub-servicing processes and provide analytical results on findings.
- Identify and interpret regulatory requirements; recommend and implement changes to test scripts as needed based on regulatory changes and mandates.
- Make recommendations for processes improvements as needed.
- Apply knowledge in all servicing areas such as: collections, mortgage servicing, loss mitigation, foreclosures, repossessions, bankruptcies, litigation and loan administration.
- Provide monthly reports to management to summarize test findings and potential negative impacts to clients.
- Develop tracking mechanisms for gaps and remediation activities and provide reporting on remediation progress.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to compliance including SCRA, FDCPA, TCPA, FCRA, BSA, RESPA, Collections, Bankruptcy Loss Mitigation, Foreclosure, Escrow, Lender Place Insurance, laws appropriate to the position.
- Monitor vendor invoices for inconsistencies and trends.
- Advanced knowledge of consumer loans underwriting, operations, and administration processes. Effective oral and written communication skills required to make presentations and discuss servicing risk issues and systems information and operations.
- Must be able to manage time effectively, Strong research, investigative, attention to detail, and analytical skills and make sound business decision, and interpersonal skills.
- Advance knowledge of software applications as mentioned above, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point.
- Intermediate skill in SQL queries is desirable.
Consumer Loan Underwriting Experience a HUGE PLUS!!
There are amazing benefits including yoga and onsite gym, cafeteria, frequent team building events, health, wellness, vacation, 401K, education reimbursements and more comprehensive benefits too many to list. The company has had many honors including best place to work in California 2019.
Please respond with your resume and availability for a phone interview as soon as possible. We will follow up with all qualified applicants within the 24 hours. Please note, must be able to pass a background check and be bondable for a financial institution.