Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Nursing Staffing Coordinator
Mountain View, CA 94040
Nursing Staffing Coordinator
Shift: 2:45pm-11:15pm - 4 shifts per week + every other weekend
Pay rate: $23-$30 DOE
- Two (2) plus years of secretarial experience. Prior clinical coordination a plus!
- Ability to work with minimum direct supervision.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to work effectively as a team member under multiple demands and expectations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
This position is responsible for coordinating, scheduling and oversight of staffing for all of Patient Care Services. Responsible for ensuring adequate staffing of 14 units, identifies if appropriate resources are available to provide safe staffing.
- Understand the staffing requirements of the Hospital, anticipates over/understaffed situations and coordinates appropriate remedy with minimal supervision
- Have a thorough understanding of (2) separate collective bargaining agreements with the ability to independently and appropriately apply both contracts to meet staffing requirements
- Partners with Nurse Managers/Supervisor/PCS Leadership to help forecast and anticipate future staffing needs. This entails ensuring that off-shift and weekend staffing is both appropriate and communicated
- Receives calls from staff, continuously assesses the needs of the hospital to ensure the appropriate number of resources are available to safely provide care.
• Assists with maintaining scheduling system and/or manual records of staffing assignments and changes.
• Works collaboratively with clinical unit leadership to facilitate staffing changes to minimize negative financial impact. May be required to make staffing changes within the staffing/scheduling system.
• Assists with data collection for reporting on financial indicators and staffing related data.
• Adheres to all processes identified to ensure adequate staffing.
• Performs general responsibilities relaying messages and processing call ins.
• Recruits staff and cancels shifts as needed.
Official Facility Description & Qualifications: As part of the unit-based team, this position is responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support, such as word processing, report preparation, new employee orientation, etc. to support the management and clinical staff of the unit/department.
Born and raised in the beautiful foothills of El Dorado County, Seren has spent the last decade living in various states and countries before returning to her native roots in Sacramento. She started her career working on site for a NGO in the nonprofit industry establishing projects and sustainable relief programs in Uganda, East Africa. From there her experience expanded out to working as a Client Relations Manager in a Top 10 National CPA firm and then moved towards HR in the administration of benefits and insurance. She first worked in recruiting at Sutter Health and gained a passion for the opportunities that this industry has to offer while focusing on process improvement and project management. The best part of recruiting for Seren is finding great candidates and connecting them with a position that will not only fulfill their professional needs but also enable them to provide for their families and their future.
In her spare time Seren enjoys going to the movies, participating in outdoor sports like rock climbing, mountain biking and trail running, and hiking with her husband and two dogs; a Black Labrador named Penny and a Jack Russell Terrier named Buster. They are expecting their first child in December and can’t wait to take their baby boy on hikes with the family!