Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Carlos, CA
Location: San Carlos
Hours: M – F (part-time, approximately 20 hours per week, and schedule flexible with advance planning).
Assignment Length: up to 6 months
Pay Rate: $21.32 - $27.66/hour
- Accurately maintain various department files (hardcopy, digital, and database), including project-specific documents.
- Assist in assembling meeting agenda packets for the Boards of Directors and committees: making and collating copies, tabbing and binding packets.
- Answer the telephone, take and distribute messages, help with meeting set-up, help with maintaining calendar(s), scheduling meetings and appointments in Microsoft Outlook, and assisting with travel/meeting arrangements.
- Assist with maintaining department files and records. Gather and input data, create and update spreadsheets, reports, tables, and graphs in a timely, efficient, and accurate fashion.
- Gather and synthesize data from staff in different District departments and from outside contractor(s) in accordance with on-the-job training.
- Perform data analysis; create/manipulate spreadsheets in both Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Input and export manipulated data within different databases in accordance with on-the-job training.
- Maintain a professional demeanor in providing support at public meetings, including assisting with meeting activities; coordinating and scheduling meetings.
- Communicate effectively face to face, and through email, phone, and written documentation using Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect oneself, fellow employees, and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Assist with preparing agendas, arranging facilities, notifying participants, setting and cleaning up the meeting room; taking and disseminating meeting minutes for Boards of Directors and committee meetings, which includes some off-site meetings and meetings taking place after regular business hours.
- Assist with responding to public records requests.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Safely lift and move banker’s box-sized boxes of stored records as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Two (2) years of clerical experience performing duties and with responsibilities similar to those listed above.
- Must have a basic understanding of and be able to perform a variety of basic functions in word-processing (Microsoft Word) spreadsheet applications (Excel), and the use of databases.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, be able to handle multiple work assignments, and consistently produce precise and accurate work in accordance with on the job training.
- Public service/local government experience, particularly in supporting public government agency boards or committees, is preferred.
Gina joined Wollborg Michelson in 2019. She comes with over 20 years of Recruiting experience with both Staffing and Corporate Recruiting. She has helped employee’s at all levels in numerous markets. Gina gained an interest for the recruiting field when she accepted a Receptionist position with a staffing company in the Silicon Valley early in her career. She learned she had a knack for recruiting and was promoted several times until ultimately she became the Branch Manager. Gina offers a diverse background and has spent the bulk of her career in the Master Vendor office at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, where she gained experience in government contracting.
Enjoying the challenge of making a perfect match and thriving on filling difficult positions are some of factors that Gina loves about recruiting. She finds it rewarding because she loves being able to make a difference in the success of both her candidates and her clients!
Gina is a Bay Area native. When she isn’t recruiting, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family.