Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Rafael, CA
Duration: Temp to Hire, Part-Time
Location: San Rafael
Wollborg Michelson has an immediate opening for a part-time (20 - 24 hours a week) Office Assistant in San Rafael to provide administrative support to the Regional Center Services staff and individuals they support. Successful candidates should be able to work Monday-Friday from 12:00 – 5:00 pm.
Route all incoming and outgoing calls and provides basic information. Greet clients and other visitors in a professional and courteous manner and inform staff of visitor arrivals. Retrieve messages from office voice mail box and distribute them accordingly and ensure lobby and front desk are neat and professional in appearance.
Draft and mail routine correspondence and process incoming and outgoing mail. Scan documents and records for inclusion in client records. Coordinate activities for production and distribution of reports. Prepare and distribute correspondence, including certified mail, from form letters. Respond to telephone and e-mail requests and redirect as appropriate. Review POS requests for accuracy and coordinate corrections to POS requests as needed.
Handle routine premises inquiries from staff and act as initial point of contact for all premises and operations matters. Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment. Maintain office equipment and coordinate the repairs of equipment and premises requirements. Order and stock office and kitchen supplies.
Participate in special projects, and assist with additional duties or tasks, as assigned. Maintain all client information as confidential in compliance with the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Lanterman Act.
- High School education is required. 2+ years of college education, including coursework in Social Work or other related subjects is preferred
- 2+ years experience in office setting involving production typing, processing of documents, and a variety of general clerical duties
- Coursework in Office Management or Medical Office Assistance
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, including scanners, copiers, faxes, phones
- Experience in multi-cultural settings and/or multi-lingual
- Customer service orientation
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills in producing documents in a business manner and conveying complex information in a clear, concise and professional manner;
- Able to operate basic office equipment, including scanners, copiers, faxes and phones;
- Able to maintain confidentiality and perform basic and complex data entry tasks;
- Familiar with MS Office or similar software applications;
- Able to learn basics of complex imaging systems;
- Initiative and analytical thinking;
- Organizational skills and time management;
- Customer oriented and detail oriented;
- Adaptability and teamwork.
- Use of discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Self direction and initiative
Meet Your Recruiter
Gina joined Wollborg Michelson in 2019. She comes with over 20 years of Recruiting experience with both Staffing and Corporate Recruiting. She has helped employee’s at all levels in numerous markets. Gina gained an interest for the recruiting field when she accepted a Receptionist position with a staffing company in the Silicon Valley early in her career. She learned she had a knack for recruiting and was promoted several times until ultimately she became the Branch Manager. Gina offers a diverse background and has spent the bulk of her career in the Master Vendor office at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, where she gained experience in government contracting.
Enjoying the challenge of making a perfect match and thriving on filling difficult positions are some of factors that Gina loves about recruiting. She finds it rewarding because she loves being able to make a difference in the success of both her candidates and her clients!
Gina is a Bay Area native. When she isn’t recruiting, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family.