Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
2185 The Alameda Suite 150 San Jose, California 95126 | Direct Hire
A well respected high-end home builder in Silicon Valley for over 25 years is looking for an Offsite Superintendent to join their growing team. The Offsite Superintendent is responsible for the construction of all land from dirt to foundation, until the delivery of the site to the Construction Superintendent.
Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Interface with public agencies/inspectors in obtaining all necessary permits/approvals
- Inspect land on a daily basis to ensure that project is on schedule, subcontractors are making necessary progress and corrections and that building and safety codes are being met
- Review and understand all plans, subcontracts, purchase orders and other related material
- Manage subcontractors to ensure that they are fulfilling their contractual obligation
- Involve General Superintendent when subcontractors and suppliers fail to respond to scheduling as required and after all other remedies are exhausted
- Manage inspections by ensuring that project is ready for inspections, scheduling inspections, walking with inspectors, communicating needed corrections, and obtaining and filing required signatures, permits etc.
- Ensure that all installed work is correctly protected per company policies
- Maintain a clean and safe jobsite at all times
- Responsible for communications with various departments in the company regarding purchase orders/selections, recurring problems, schedule etc. so that the schedule remains unaffected
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 5-7+ years superintendent level experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read and understand all related plans and specifications with a thorough knowledge of all trades
- Demonstrate good safety work habits with the ability to enforce safety policies on assigned project
- Good organizational skills and follow through for satisfactory completion
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict.
Ability to manage subcontractors and coordinate with multiple departments to meet budget, schedule and required quality