Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
2667 Alcosta Blvd #500 San Ramon, CA 94583 | Contract To Hire
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is currently conducting a search for a temp to hire Payroll Coordinator for our client located in San Ramon, CA. The candidate will be responsible for processing all aspects of a bi-weekly payroll in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and requirements, as well as the clients' procedures.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the weekly processing and accuracy of two bi-weekly payrolls on alternating weeks, including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with Federal and California wage and hour laws. Processes manual off cycle checks.
- Assists with improving operations, including the decrease of payroll processing time, streamlining work processes and work cooperatively to provide quality customer service.
- Ensures accuracy of payroll records by maintaining database with updates in status changes, tax withholdings, benefits deductions and time off accruals.
- Submits bi-weekly 403b contributions and reconcile health insurance deductions to monthly statements. Creates and run monthly reports.
- Maintains all payroll records according to federal and state laws and requirements, as well as Donor Network West organizational policies and procedures.
- Keeps up with ongoing legislative changes which affect payroll.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and experience with complex payroll administration, and an extensive knowledge of California and federal wage and hour laws, payroll and tax laws and regulations, and IRS code pertaining to payroll issues.
- Able to communicate and present information to employees and management in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally. Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive team player who must uphold the core values of the organization which include passion, integrity, and team work
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to plan work and prioritize effectively. Able to work flexible schedules as needed
- Adheres to the principles of “ customer service” in all aspects of the job. Supports fellow employees and others to further the achievement of DNW’ s mission.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or in related field.
- Minimum of five years payroll processing experience.
- American Payroll Association (APA) certification - CPP/FPC and experience with healthcare payroll preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with computerized payroll processing and report writing systems.