Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Rafael, CA 94901
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We at Wollborg Michelson want to help you build a Dream Career!
Duration: 6+ month contract
Pay: $28.00-30.00/HR, DOE
Location: San Rafael, CA
As part of a service and team-oriented Payroll department, under the supervision of the Payroll Manager, this position performs responsible and detailed work to analyze, and calculate time worked by employees on a daily basis for processing into an in-house payroll system. The Timekeeping Specialist is responsible for interpreting and carrying out company policy and union agreements to ensure that personnel are appropriately paid for time worked, holidays, and various earned leaves.
- Process bi-weekly and monthly timekeeping/payroll cycles
- Calculate and process rate changes, retroactive adjustments and special payments using military time
- Responsible for reviewing union contracts and company policies to ensure compliance with pay and deduction related items
- Interprets and carries out company policy and union agreements to ensure that personnel are appropriately paid for time worked, holidays, vacations, sick leave, jury duty, various earned leaves, or other compensation exceptions
- Reconciles, makes calculations, and balances hours and minutes to correspond with actual time recorded
- Processes garnishments and wage assignments
- Responsible for generating manual checks as needed for terminations, payroll adjustments and special pays
- Updates payroll changes including voluntary deductions such as form W-4, direct deposits, 457 plan and union dues
- Maintains attendance records
- Process employee time & attendance data from the timekeeping systems to payroll and reconcile variances utilizing tools in the timekeeping and payroll systems
- Extracts timekeeping information from Hastus scheduling system and Kronos timekeeping and imports into the IFAS payroll system
- Audits and analyzes computer-generated reports for accuracy and makes corrections as required
- Researches, records, and files printouts and other documents to solve complex timekeeping problems
- Solves complex timekeeping problems by researching records, files, and various document for 800+ employees
- May perform other additional duties as required or assigned
- Knows and follows the safety and health rules and safe working practices applicable to job
- Regular and reliable attendance and performance are required
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a minimum of three years' full-time position-related experience working with accounting, or payroll processing
- Requires a minimum of three years’ experience using computerized spreadsheets. Must demonstrate intermediate level proficiency in the use and the creation of spreadsheets using MS Excel.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word and writing correspondence
- Must know 10-key by touch
- Experience with understanding, interpreting, and reading Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) as it relates to payroll
- Preferred experience with Kronos timekeeping system