Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Post Production Technician
San Francisco, CA 94103 | Direct Hire
The Post Technician supports and maintains Post Production technology, systems and equipment. Provides technical assistance on the use of systems hardware and software. Provides editorial assistance: general facility support, editing, data wrangling on and off set, footage ingest and online finishing and delivery.
- Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and daily technical support of all post production department video, audio, computer systems and related equipment. Generally: Avid Media Composer, Premiere, DaVinci Resolve, ProTools, cluster file storage (Avid ISIS & NEXIS) and other tools and equipment used. Ensure that all systems are running at optimal speed, efficiency and at maximum uptime.
- Originate and maintain a regular maintenance calendar for all equipment and media backup.
- Assists with various technical and engineering duties as needed.
- Oversee and direct contract Engineer, 2-4 visits per month.
Facility and Editorial Support
- Ingesting and organizing footage.
- Prepping sequences for final mastering to tape or file. Exporting and transcoding of digital video files for delivery.
- Exporting, compressing and posting media files for review using web-based delivery tools.
- Operating various equipment in MCR. Includes: tape decks, DVD burners, encoding servers, routers, frame syncs, still stores, file servers, waveform and vector scopes.
- Providing technical and administrative assistance to Editors and Producers.
- AAF import/export for Pro Tools and Avid.
- Understanding of the functions and equipment of a post-production facility MCR including: Router operation, patch bay and patching, VTR and machine functions, file servers, video servers and protocols and the ability to engineer and operate such.
- Prior experience with professional video equipment including waveform/vector scope, color critical monitors, digital file recorders, HDCAM, DVC Pro, Betacam and Digital Betacam VTRs, patch bays, audio mixers, Baseband DVD recorder.
- Understanding of video signals, signal processing, monitoring and measuring.
- Comprehensive understanding of video and audio codecs and use of compression and conversion software like Compressor, Episode, Media Encoder
- Familiarity of video scaling and up/down/cross and standards conversion.
- Understanding of Metadata and file organization.
- Excellent grasp and experience with Avid Media Composer hardware and software including setup and install.
- Excellent grasp of Avid Nexis and ISIS.
- Video dubbing and mastering to tape or file.
- Understanding of common professional camera and editing workflows; from shooting and acquiring footage, to logging and digitizing, to layoff of a final piece.
- Ability to prioritize jobs as needed to complete the day’ s work.
- Ability to collaborate with a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Professionalism and diplomacy required; effective interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with all levels of production.
- Experience with install and support of DI software, specifically DaVinci Resolve.
- Experience with install and support of Adobe Creative Cloud, with emphasis on Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop.
- AA/AS or BA/BS in communications with an emphasis in broadcasting, video production or video post-production, or equivalent work experience editing on non-linear editing systems such as Avid Media composer.
- Knowledge of computer programming (PHP, jQuery, Bash, C, Objective-C, Swift, Python) huge plus but not required.
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer