Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Carlos, CA
General: The Procurement Administrator II reports to a Procurement Administrator III in Contracts and Procurement, and is responsible for preparing and processing Invitations for Bids (IFBs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotations (RFQs), and Purchase Orders (PO’s) for the procurement of goods, materials, equipment, professional services, and public works.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Manage all phases of the procurement process in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, regulations, and policies governing public agency purchasing (e.g. California Labor Code, Prevailing Wage, and California Contract Code).
- Review solicitation requirements for reasonableness, recommend contract type, determine appropriate procurement strategy, and method of compensation.
- Develop terms and conditions and solicitation provisions.
- Lead contract negotiations to achieve best overall value for the agency.
- Perform contract administration (e.g. administer contract amendments, prepare in-house memoranda, and correspond with vendors and legal staff).
Examples of Duties:
- Authorize award of contracts and approve purchases, contract amendments, and work directives consistent with District policy and procedures.
- Prepare and issue professional service agreement work directives. Negotiate and maintain rate agreements and any adjustments in mark-ups or indirect rates with consultants in coordination with project managers.
- Maintain contract records that includes print and website advertising, leading pre-bid/proposal meetings, lead site walk-throughs, respond to requests for approved equals, address questions and requests for clarification, conduct public bid openings, analyze bids received, determine responsiveness and responsibility of apparent low bidders, check references and perform cost/price analyses.
- Manage and perform contract activities using PeopleSoft.
- Develop contract language by collaborating with subject matter experts from such areas as Risk Management, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), Labor Compliance, Project Management, Finance, Capital Grants, and Legal Counsel.
- Research and evaluate sole source procurement requests.
- Provide guidance to Project Managers on all aspects of the procurement solicitation and contracting process. This includes evaluating scope of work, identifying evaluation criteria, and developing timelines.
- Prepare written reports and contract award recommendations.
- Provide guidance and administration on a wide variety of contracts.
- Interface with government, and transit agencies.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or related field.
- Three (3) years relevant full-time professional-level experience with procurement and administration of equipment, material, maintenance, public works, and professional or other services-type contracts.
- Experience in public agency purchasing is highly desired.
- One or more of the following Professional procurement certifications is desired: Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), or Certified Professional Supply Management (CPSM).
- Working knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) such as PeopleSoft, SAP, JD Edwards, and Oracle.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
Joshua Bramlett joined the Wollborg Michelson Recruiting Team in January 2018. Since that time, Joshua has supported recruiting and compliance efforts as a Recruiting Coordinator by sourcing, qualifying, and performing background verifications for candidates being considered for various clients’ roles. Because Joshua has excelled at a variety of positions in various industries prior to Wollborg Michelson Recruiting, he has a unique ability to fully understand the roles for which he is recruiting and hone in on the hiring manager’s hard and soft skill requirements when searching for the perfect candidate to fit. Joshua excels at forming strong and lasting working relationships with: candidates - to help minimize attrition, clients - to quickly find the right puzzle piece to their team, and other members of the Wollborg Michelson Recruiting team - to maximize the support leveraged to clients and candidates.