Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Product Development Retail Non Food
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is currently conducting a search for a Product Development Generalist. The ideal candidate will have 1-5 years of generalist/support experience in Product Development within any category of personal care/nonfood items.
Our client is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores with their own family of brands including some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers and locations across the U.S.
This is a long term contract with on the Consumer Product Goods (CPG) team in Dublin, CA.
This position provides technical support for all product development activities. The primary areas of focus are documentation, record keeping, reporting, sample storage, and sample demonstration preparation. This position assists the product development staff in achieving its strategic initiatives.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- New Product Development Projects - Assist Product Development Managers by managing documentation and new product demonstrations across multiple categories.
- Receive, log, and store product sample submissions. Create and distribute demonstration reports to functional team..
- Manufacturing Specifications - Communicate with material suppliers to obtain specifications and convert them to the client's manufacturing format.
- Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing to manage flow of information.
- Draft new manufacturing specifications in the client's specifications database.
- Finished Product Specifications - Draft new finished product specifications in specifications database, including NLEA and ingredient statements, based on input from Product Development Managers and Strategic Sourcing.
- Route specifications for approval.
- Specifications Database - Assist Product Development Managers by managing and updating product files in SpecConnect (specification database system). Submit additions/revisions to Product Development Manager for approval.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-5 year’s experience in the field plus the education listed above.
- Working knowledge of packaging technology to evaluate adequacy of packaging.
- Excellent time management skills, sense of urgency and desire to complete all assignments on a timely basis.
- Ability to shift priorities.
- Working knowledge of web based applications, Microsoft Office, and Genesis nutritional database software.
Leslie began her recruiting career in 1999, working for some of the larger recruiting firms such as Management Solutions, The Solomon Page Group and Alchemy Search Partners. She has also worked as a Corporate / Executive recruiter for Silicon Valley companies during their hyper growth years, regionally and nationally. Her specialties include Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Sales, IT/Engineering and Administrative roles. She has a high level of integrity and works hard to make sure that her Clients as well as Candidates feel valued in the interview/hiring process.
During her off hours, Leslie enjoys road bike riding, boating, cooking and entertaining.