Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Program Manager - Biotechnology
San Mateo, CA 94404
- Provide project management support on clinical development project teams
- Apply PM tools and methodologies to facilitate alignment with key stakeholders and ensure communicate
- across project teams
- Drives strategic team decision-making and delivery of team goals and objectives
- Champions improved efficiency, quality and performance
- Collaborates with teams to deliver on commitments to the organization and to patient
Essential Functions of the job:
- Responsible for planning and executing projects in accordance with program development strategy.
- Planning, tracking, and managing the progress of the global development project to defined milestones
- Identify and manage risks across the project; escalate whenever appropriate
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path using appropriate tracking tools
- Develop and facilitate team planning sessions
- Deliver minutes, progress reports, and other means for project team communication and collaborations
- With team input, draft and manage project budgets and highlight budget changes where necessary
- Work with team leadership and governance bodies to develop project plans and in translating detailed scientific information into high level strategic presentations
- Liaise with internal and external key stakeholders
- Provide internal project management support to sub teams, as necessary
- Coordinate regular team meeting schedules, draft agendas and provide meeting minutes, action items and progress reports according to project management best practices
- Assume additional responsibilities and leadership that are commensurate with their experience and
- expertise such as independently providing alliance management for drug and/or diagnostic partners, independently leading sub teams
- BS, with advanced degrees preferred, in a scientific or healthcare discipline
- 5-7 years minimally in clinical and drug development in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook
- PMP certification a plus
- Travel, 10%