Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Mateo, CA
The Project Manager’s (PM) role is to plan and manage construction activities from conception to completion of the project in a timely and cost-effective manner. The PM responsibilities include, but are not limited to; project planning, budget management, schedule implementation, compliance with quality standards, contract administration and safety program management.
· Project Manager
· Exempt position
· Worksite location at construction jobsite trailer, or main offices, depending on company needs
· Reports to executive team members (VP of Construction, VP of Operations, CEO, etc.)
· Works closely with Project Superintendent, jobsite staff, main office staff, vendors, subcontractors, design professionals and clients.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS:
· Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule, mitigating and reporting all potential delays by monitoring the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and holding weekly status meetings with all the team members, subcontractors and clients and their consultants.
· Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include clients, architects, consultants, subcontractors and laborers.
· Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
· Daily inspection of construction site to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other applicable regulations.
· Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
· Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to produce constructability issues and plan coordination problems prior to beginning construction of the project.
· Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, subcontractors, and clients
· Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific scopes of the project, such as painting or plumbing
· Prepare subcontracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements
· Manage the budget, track project expenses and minimize exposure and risk in the project
· Collect, review and approve progress payments submitted by all subcontractors and vendors
· Ensure project documentation and reports are complete
· Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others
· Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client.
SKILLS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE :
REQUIRED EEXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Graduate from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in construction science, engineering, architecture, or other related field and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in multi-family, wood framing, structural concrete, construction projects
- 3rd party general contractor experience is a plus
PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have the physical ability to walk/stand for extended periods of time on an active jobsite throughout all phases of construction
- Must have the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships, distinguish color and lift up to 25 pounds
- Must have a valid driver license and adequate insurance to travel for the company
This job description is not all inclusive, additional responsibilities and tasks may be assigned or there may be changes to existing assignments as management deems necessary.