Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Project Manager of Design- Healthcare
170 Maiden Lane, 5th Floor San Francisco, California 94108 | Direct Hire
Preferred candidates will have:
- Registered Architect with Bachelor' s or Master’ s degree with 10+ years of professional experience honed on increasingly more complex healthcare projects;
- Outpatient and Inpatient / OSHPD project experience with healthcare clients, such as Sutter Health, Kaiser Permanente, and UCSF highly desirable
- Experience with Lean and Evidence-based design a plus
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp and other industry accepted software as well as expertise with Project Manager software and Microsoft Office products is needed
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, able to communicate clearly with team members and clients
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and be responsible for project delivery which may be multiple or complex in scope.
Top Architectural Firm is both team-oriented and employee-friendly and social activities are integrated into our office culture. Firm offers challenge, recognition and personal visibility with an opportunity to contribute to the shaping of great projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
1. Collaborates with Principal in evaluation of project requirements and helps to negotiate an acceptable owner-architect agreement including the fee and time schedule.
2. Demonstrates task-focused mastery of project scope, profitability, schedule and budget. Completes projects on schedule, within budget and with maximum client satisfaction.
3. Negotiates critical issues with top-level architects, engineers and officials of other organizations and firms.
4. Understands healthcare terminology as it relates to services, departments and building types in the healthcare setting
5. Understands and manages design accordingly with regard to patient and staff experience, infection control maintenance, building systems, security, technology and medical equipment specific to healthcare settings.
6. Utilizes past experience and technical knowledge and monitors quality of the construction documents keeping in mind schedules/budgets and provides coaching/communication as appropriate with team leaders and/or team members who are responsible for work flow/timelines, etc.
7 Develops discipline cost and work-hour budgets for each project and monitors project costs, completion status against budget schedules/timelines.
8. Oversees all correspondence and pertinent documents, making sure they are accurate, signs or obtains signatures and seeks legal counsel as appropriate
9. Coordinates review and evaluation of contractor bids and works with Principal so that award recommendation can be submitted to owner
10. Provides day-to-day leadership in the absence of and as delegated by the Principal and/or Practice Group Leader keeping lines of communication open with all office management leaders and assists with preparation of client billings prior to submittal for signature.
11. Collaborates with Practice Group Leader as requested in the marketing of projects including development of proposals and possible participation in client interviews