Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
San Mateo, CA
The Project Superintendent’s (PS) role is to manage day-to-day construction activities and supervise field personnel and subcontractors as required to successfully complete the project on schedule. The PS will be responsible for producing quality work that is consistent with the standards set forth in the project’s contract plans and specification. Just as important, the PS is expected to administer good construction safety practices and continuously keep the site clean and orderly. The PS will report directly to the Project Manager.
· Project Superintendent
· Exempt position
· Worksite location at construction jobsite trailer, or main offices, depending on company needs
· Reports to Project Manager & executive team members (VP of Construction, VP of Operations, CEO, etc)
· Works closely with Project Superintendent, jobsite staff, main office staff, vendors, clients, and engineers
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS (including but not limited to)
· Manage day-to-day activities to meet project milestones and ultimately meet or beat project completion date.
· Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site
· Create short-interval look-ahead project schedules to ensure upcoming events are communicated, tracked and are being proactively attended to
· Manage and look ahead no less than 3 weeks to proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate a solution.
· Report all project delays to the Project Manager and propose solutions with minimum impact to the project schedule
· Maintain daily and weekly logs of construction progress
· Obtain and document all inspections and ensure quality of work prior to each inspection
· Maintain jobsite safety, health and cleanliness
· Verify all work is installed in a good workmanship level
· Daily inspection of construction site to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other applicable regulations.
· Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods
· Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to produce constructability issues and plan coordination problems prior to beginning construction of the project.
· Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, subcontractors, and clients
· Ensure project documentation and reports are complete
· Attend all necessary jobsite meetings, whether onsite or offsite
· Manage the punch lists and close out of the project
· Review all submittals and RFI’s to ensure timely and accurate responses and execution
· Handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts as required
SKILLS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Graduate from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in construction science, engineering, architecture, or other related field and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in multi-family, wood framing, structural concrete, construction projects
PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must have the physical ability to walk/stand for extended periods of time on an active jobsite throughout all phases of construction
- Must have the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships, distinguish color and lift up to 25 pounds
- Must have a valid driver license and adequate insurance to travel for the company
This job description is not all inclusive, additional responsibilities and tasks may be assigned or there may be changes to existing assignments as management deems necessary.