Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Duration: up to 6 month contract
Pay: $35.00 - $40.00/HR., DOE
Under the direction of the Director of Property Operations, the Property Manager will be responsible for the overall operation of assigned authority-owned rental housing, facilities, and other real properties, and the day to day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that ensure well-managed, well-maintained, authority-owned properties.
Administration and Compliance
- Manages the day-to-day administration of the property office in a clean and well-organized manner.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies, federal, state and local laws, including compliance with all tenant rental eligibility requirements, rental integrity and lease requirements.
- Ensures all vacancies are filled in a timely manner as directed by OHA and HUD policies, regulations and requirements.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, which includes but is not limited to posting all licenses, permits, notices and occupancy permits.
- Prepares and submits reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Processes, completes and maintains accurate resident files at move-in and at each recertification within established regulatory guidelines.
- Supervises and monitors staff to ensure that all staff adheres to Authority policies, procedures and HUD regulations.
- Implements & provides oversight of contractual services for custodial, maintenance and other related services.
- Prepares and monitors operating and capital budgets.
- Meets program objectives and goals in relation to budget, quality and delivery of service.
- Reviews and approves all financial statements and reports related to the properties assigned for accuracy, consistency and timeliness.
- Ensures rents are collected in a timely manner and in accordance with all OHA policies, procedures and HUD regulations.
- In conjunction with the Human Resources Department, interviews and recommends hires and terminations of Property Operation staff. Additionally, the Property Administrator will be expected to train, conduct performance evaluations, counsel, and motivate staff in accordance with the Authority’s Personnel Policies and Procedures as stipulated in the Employee Manual & the applicable MOU.
- Conducts timely annual performance evaluations of all staff and establishing goals and objectives for the next performance evaluation period.
- Reviews, approves and submits employee timesheets based on the posted payroll schedule.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships, providing leadership, and encouraging teamwork and cooperation among all staff members.
- In conjunction with the Risk Management Department, develops, implements and enforces the Authority’s safety program with staff.
- Supervises maintenance and janitorial staff, including all vendor and temporary personnel working at the property and ensures completion and quality of work provided.
- Ensures the scheduling of routine and preventative maintenance and janitorial work and for completing regular follow-up inspections on same.
- Regularly walks entire property to ensure that common areas, such as landscaping, laundry, etc, are in good condition.
- Ensures timely completion of work orders and turnover of vacant units.
- Performs annual or as-needed inspections of units and follows up with housekeeping letters, preparation of work orders and maintenance of charge-backs to residents.
- Ensures that all staff adheres to safety and maintenance requirements of the Authority.
- Ensures that the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) as well as all other applicable safety related inspections and reports are updated and completed.
In accordance with a Delegation of Authority, the Property Administrator (at senior level assignments) may act in the absence of the Director of Property Operations. The incumbent will be required to attend community meetings and other evening activities and may be required to attend evening Board of Commissioner’s meetings.
Two years’ experience in affordable housing and/or property management with at least one year of supervisory experience; a high school diploma or GED (associates degree or bachelor’s degree is highly desirable);
Must possess a valid California Class C driver’s license and have and maintain an insurable driving record.
Strong computer literacy, exceptional organization & time management skills are required.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Ability to: Supervise, train and evaluate staff to ensure a high level of work performance and productivity working in public housing; effectively represent the Authority in a broad range of settings; maintain favorable public relations; provide quality customer service; assess and prioritize community needs and identify appropriate resources and program solutions; develop, gather & analyze data; prepare clear and concise reports; interpret and apply rules & regulations; demonstrate competency in handling confidential, sensitive information; work cooperatively and constructively with staff and clients, government officials, and the general public; effectively utilize computer-based data processing systems; ability to work effectively and collaborate with diverse groups of individuals at all organization levels; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Meet Your Recruiter
Gina joined Wollborg Michelson in 2019. She comes with over 20 years of Recruiting experience with both Staffing and Corporate Recruiting. She has helped employee’s at all levels in numerous markets. Gina gained an interest for the recruiting field when she accepted a Receptionist position with a staffing company in the Silicon Valley early in her career. She learned she had a knack for recruiting and was promoted several times until ultimately she became the Branch Manager. Gina offers a diverse background and has spent the bulk of her career in the Master Vendor office at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, where she gained experience in government contracting.
Enjoying the challenge of making a perfect match and thriving on filling difficult positions are some of factors that Gina loves about recruiting. She finds it rewarding because she loves being able to make a difference in the success of both her candidates and her clients!
Gina is a Bay Area native. When she isn’t recruiting, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family.