Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
6683 Owens Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588 | Direct Hire
Job Description – Purchasing Manager
A Fortune 500, National Builder is looking for an experience Purchasing Manager to join their Operations Team. The right candidate will manage all activities of the Purchasing Department to ensure all materials, equipment, services and supplies are used to build quality homes at the best price.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manages purchasing team and delegates assignments for existing and new projects.
- Responsible for all bidding, negotiating, spreading awarding and contracting for home building construction in accordance with the company’ s purchasing policies and procedures.
- Establishes specification levels and prepares scopes of work and bid lists for each project.
- Evaluates existing subcontractors and screens new subcontractors for future use.
- Works with VP of Construction and Superintendents to ensure subcontractors meet field schedules and quality standards.
- Prepares and maintains accurate and cost effective budgets and communicates changes as needed. Ensures effective cost controls are in place and approves all contractor payment approval.
- Forecasts and value engineer future projects.
- Maintains effective and regular contact with Internal and External departments: Project Managers, Superintendents, Subcontractors, Architects, Engineers, Decorators, Consultants, and Purchasing team.
- Work with the Accounting Department to research invoices for accuracy, and approve invoices for payment after completion of work.
- Approve invoices for payment after verifying completion of work.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent related experience.
- 5-8 years’ experience in a Purchasing or Estimating Department in a Construction environment, residential homebuilding preferred.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, agencies, consultants, subcontractors, subordinates.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle a multitude of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to read and understand structural and architectural house plans, and building blueprints.