Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Purchasing Project Manager
Santa Clara, CA
The Purchasing Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the thorough, timely and cost effective bidding, contracting and management of Subcontractor agreements for assigned projects. This role awards those that are proactive, organized, and have the ability to establish clear lines of communication between the office and the field.
The Purchasing Manager reports directly to Purchasing Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Research and resolve construction and purchasing problems as they arise on current or past projects
- Research new materials and methods for construction of projects, aesthetics and quality
- Review plans and specifications of projects for accuracy, constructability, cost savings and quality
- Work extensively with sales and marketing in determining product selections for projects
- Monitor and update master purchasing schedules for assigned projects
- Negotiate with subcontractors regarding master contracts, pricing, cost overruns, extras or disputes in work scopes
- Revise scopes of work for particular project details/specs
- Prepare and coordinate bid packages and send to subcontractors for bidding
- Analyze bids for accuracy/completeness and conformance to bid scopes
- Manage and review the accuracy of contracts, amendments, backcharges and all other purchasing related documentation
- Research and maintain up to date knowledge of construction pricing and labor rates
- Act as a liaison between construction personnel and subcontractors
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in construction purchasing manager related position
- Local (Bay Area) construction industry expereince preferred.
- College degree in related field preferred
- Must possess established and proven negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively read and interpret contract documents, scopes of work, construction documents and plans
- Excellent organizational, communication, problem solving and time management skills.
- Strong leadership abilities and exceptional initiative and drive
- Sound ability to research, analyze and communicate data with great accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused in a busy environment