REMOTE ROLE - MUST BE BASED IN CA
Regulatory Complaint Escalation Specialist
Investigate and respond to written regulatory complaints that customers file to attain the best possible response and resolution. Corporate Resolutions Specialists (Agency Associates) are responsible for resolving the most escalated customer-initiated issues to the highest professional standards.
• Provide accurate and comprehensive written analysis and responses to customer complaints that have been filed with a state or federal regulator within the appropriate timeframes.
• Ensure that all customer escalations that have been filed with a state or federal regulator are managed to excellent professional standards.
• Demonstrate ownership of customer issues and work proactively with business units, partners and vendors to manage issues through to a complete resolution in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate sound negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills by working to resolve issues within your own authority and parameters, whenever possible, while utilizing sound judgment to understand when it will be both effective and necessary to escalate to a higher authority.
• Demonstrate ability to understand the big picture and identify the underlying drivers causing complaints by capturing, reporting and analyzing systematic issues and recommending solutions to improve processes and products.
• Advocate as the voice of the customer. Proactively make recommendations to address root causes of escalations and complaints by leveraging escalation contacts and processes.
• Minimum of four years of regulatory, compliance, legal, audit, risk management or other relevant experience (e.g., resolution of customer complaints), preferably in a financial services environment.
• Two years of experience with responding to written regulatory complaints (or equivalent).
• Knowledgeable in bank and deposit compliance regulations (e.g., Regulation E and UDAAP)
• Exceptional written skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of executive management.
• Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills. • Detailed oriented and strong listening and analytical skills.
• Intermediate level of knowledge/expertise with PC hardware and software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a high paced work environment.
• Committed to providing objective and unbiased analysis of work production.
• Dedication to providing exceptional customer service.