Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Bellevue, WA 94583
Immediate need for a receptionist in Bellevue!
This is a contract-to-hire opportunity for a home builder.
General Purpose: Answers and forwards calls through console switchboard as well as greets visitors. In order to achieve the general purpose of this position the following duties may be required:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates console switchboard.
- Answers incoming calls within two rings in a cheerful, professional and courteous manner and forwards calls to party.
- Takes accurate messages and delivers them promptly to appropriate person.
- Greets visitors, clients and vendors promptly and courteously.
- Validates parking.
- Notifies employees that visitors have arrived.
- Maintains updated schedule of conference rooms.
- Receives mail, packages, faxes, plans, newspapers, etc. and signs for same as necessary.
- Opens and date-stamps incoming mail.
- Distributes mail, faxes, plans, newspapers, packages, etc. and distributes to appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Maintains guest register and weekend register.
- Puts postage on outgoing mail, sends faxes.
- Orders courier service as needed.
- Orders supplies and maintains adequate inventory.
- Updates project and phone lists.
- Type’ s correspondence as necessary.
- Provides assistance to other departments as needed.
- Assists staff with clerical duties.
- Facilities documents for signature.
- Trains other employees to operate the switchboard for backup.
- Performs any tasks assigned.
- Regular contact with visitors, clients, and other employees.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Company Mission.
- Develops and maintains respect and harmony with all Employee and Management.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with homebuyers, prospective homebuyers and vendors.
- Exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- Solves problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing management policies, and departmental practices and procedures.
- Expected to meet established productivity and task management standards, or seek assistance.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience/Licenses and/or Certificates:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least one year of related experience in the home construction industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively (written or verbal) with subcontractors, and employees in a tactful, pleasant and patient manner, and have general knowledge of the residential building industry.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle a multitude of projects simultaneously.
- Must have problem solving, prioritizing abilities, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict time deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to execute tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing quality.
- Must write legibly and type/keyboard accurately.
- Positive attitude and the ability to work well with others, excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to operate office equipment to include fax machine, copier, and printers, etc.; and relate well with customers and others over the phone and in person.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’ s and 100’ s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money, weight measurement, volume, and distance, if required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, employee should know how to use a computer and be proficient in word processing; spreadsheets including Lotus and Excel; database; and other Windows software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.