Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Duration: up to 4 months
Pay: $25-35/HR., DOE
Location: Pleasanton, CA
POSITION PURPOSE: This position is critical to insuring regulatory compliance and avoidance of the product retrievals and recalls that can result from non-compliance to product and package regulations. These include but are not limited to standards of identity, package label requirements, claims identification and validation.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Insure all packaging is compliant with federal, state and local regulations. This involves daily interactions with marketing, packaging operations and product development to insure new and revised packaging graphics and content placement are in compliance. This includes proofing a high volume of food and non-food artwork prior to packaging printing.
- Assist in preparing label source documentation; interact with vendors and internal stakeholders. This documentation’s accuracy and completeness is essential to label creation and critical to regulatory compliance.
- This position is critical to insuring support of product and package compliance to applicable regulations. Non-compliance can lead to extensive cost impacts to the business including out of stocks, lost sales due to product retrievals and recalls.
- College degree required; Food Science or related science a plus
- Food or consumer product experience a plus
- Prior food or consumer packaged goods labeling experience is desired
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects across multiple categories with competing timelines.
- There is no degree available in the field of Food Regulatory Affairs and the skills necessary to be successful in this role are universally acquired though on the job experience.
- Must be able to think both strategically and tactically and have experience in project management, multi-tasking, meeting tight deadlines and shifting work focus based on shifting business and technical priorities.
- Detail oriented and excellent computer skills a must.
- Must be able to communicate cross functionally between directors, managers, technical staff and vendor community daily.
Gina joined Wollborg Michelson in 2019. She comes with over 20 years of Recruiting experience with both Staffing and Corporate Recruiting. She has helped employee’s at all levels in numerous markets. Gina gained an interest for the recruiting field when she accepted a Receptionist position with a staffing company in the Silicon Valley early in her career. She learned she had a knack for recruiting and was promoted several times until ultimately she became the Branch Manager. Gina offers a diverse background and has spent the bulk of her career in the Master Vendor office at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, where she gained experience in government contracting.
Enjoying the challenge of making a perfect match and thriving on filling difficult positions are some of factors that Gina loves about recruiting. She finds it rewarding because she loves being able to make a difference in the success of both her candidates and her clients!
Gina is a Bay Area native. When she isn’t recruiting, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family.