Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Research Associate - Discovery Biology
South San Francisco, CA 94080
- Daily tasks associated with the construction and purification of vaccine vectors.
- Demonstrated proficiency and understanding of concepts of chromatography: HPLC and/or FPLC
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory instruments such as centrifuges, incubators, electrophoresis instruments, TFF, imagers, and other measuring instruments and devices
- Preparation of laboratory reagents, stocks, cultures, and cell lines
- Mammalian cell culture
- Efficiently maintain an experimental record, analyze data, and prepare study reports.
- Conduct additional laboratory work as needed.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in biochemistry, biology, genetics, microbiology or related field
- 1 - 3 yrs experience as a research technician in chemistry, molecular biology and/or immunology laboratory
- Column chromatography, automated purification systems
- Experience with recombinant DNA/ molecular cloning, nucleic acid purification, PCR technology, and other standard molecular biology techniques
- Experience with protein purification and analysis by SDS-PAGE and Western blotting
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent skills in prioritizing and time management.
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and database software applications, including MS Office (Word, Excel) and Prism
- Tangential flow filtration
- Viral purification, analysis
- Lyophilization, formulation