Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Retirement System Analyst
1600 Franklin Street Oakland, California 94612 | Contract
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is currently conducting a search for a contract Retirement System Analyst for one of our clients, a large transportation company in Oakland, CA. The Retirement System Analyst will be responsible for providing professional support activities; calculating retirement benefits, processing retirement payroll, reviewing/analyzing retirement applications, assisting with investment projects and monthly investment activities, writing memos; and may provide group and one-on-one retirement planning, and counseling to current employees and retirees.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
- Calculates retirement benefits, reviews related materials; work histories and retirement alternatives for employees for review by Retirement System Administrator or Manager.
- Supports activities related to disability retirement including the collection and dissemination of information from applicants, doctors, attorneys, and related parties; assigns cases to medical examiners; and reviews medical reports to ensure compliance with Retirement Plan rules.
- Prepares reports and analyses for Retirement Board presentations and makes occasional presentations to the Retirement Board.
- Assists Retirement System Manager in monitoring of investment managers and transferring funds between investment managers.
- Assists Retirement System Manager in preparing annual Financial Statements, such as balancing and interpreting reports from investment managers and our bank.
- Assists in the preparation and monitors Department Budget.
- Compiles, reviews, audits, and verifies demographic data on employees and retirees used in the preparation of the actuarial valuation.
- Works independently on complex special department projects.
- Prepares and runs the entire 1099 process (reporting, balancing and systems interface).
- Documents and updates procedures, supports compliance and analysis activities.
- Inputs retiree data into Human Resources Information System.
- Provides assistance in input, research, and troubleshooting payroll system errors.
- May be required to temporarily replace or act in the position of the Retirement System Administrator.
- Bachelor' s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field.
- A minimum of four (4) years of professional level experience in Retirement Administration, Human Resources, Finance or Payroll.
Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: administering defined benefit plans, payroll, human resources/benefits, finance or accounting.