Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Senior Director, Sourcing & Supplier Management - Biotechnology
South San Francisco, CA 94080
The Supply Chain organization is building a world class team that is focused on delivering potentially lifesaving therapies to patients. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Senior Director, Sourcing & Supplier Management. You will manage and drive programs and activities related to supplier excellence, including identifying and developing GMP material suppliers and service providers, overseeing lifecycle management to support clinical and commercial objectives and leading our Supplier Risk Management program.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Define, implement and manage sourcing and supplier management processes, including business requirements, sourcing and risk management strategy, supplier selection and qualification, contracting, and performance management
- Lead and develop Supplier Management team, including building capability, hiring and directing resources
- Collaborate and build productive relationships with internal business partners and stakeholders to enable timely fulfillment of business requirements
- Ensure supplier relationships are defined with performance measures and regular business reviews and reporting
- Ensure timely establishment and administration of supply and quality agreements through close collaboration with Legal, Procurement and Quality units to assure agreements are in place and kept up to date
- Collaborate with Supply Chain planning units to develop effective supply plan and ensure risk management plan is in place and kept up to date for critical supply and escalate business risks to proper level of management
- Work closely with the Quality units on audit, investigation, complaints, change control and GMP systems monitoring, and follow through with action plan implementation
- Drive continuous business process improvements (e.g., enhancements to the sourcing process, development or revision of key sourcing procedures, documenting processes, etc.)
- Lead the Supplier Risk Assessment Core Team, establish and facilitate integrated risk management life cycle in partnership with key functions (QA, QC, Process Development & Supply Chain) - identification, assessment, mitigation planning and execution. Establish business cases for significant investments
- Facilitate Executive Reviews and liaises with Quality and PPD risk program managers to develop integrated risk profile
- Lead gate reviews with the Steering Committee to ensure alignment, and works with Steering Committee Leads (Supply Chain, Quality/QC, PPD) to ensure resources are allocated
- Responsible for the Risk Assessment process, ensuring that risks are identified, prioritized and mitigated. Identify Critical Materials and High-Risk Suppliers, creates mitigation plans to reduce risk
- Monitor ongoing health of supplier relationships and operations by implementing and managing the Vendor Survey program and by establishing vendor KPIs in a dashboard format
- Develop and maintain E2E supply chain maps for all products and key sub-chains
- Leverage and utilize Operational Excellence tools and resources to institutionalize the Continuous Improvement mindset
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in an operations role in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, 5+ years management experience building and leading effective teams
- Strong background in biotechnology supply chain risk management and operational excellence methodologies, Supplier Relationship Management, Strategic Sourcing, outsourcing and contract negotiations.
- Ability to develop strategic and collaborative relationships with suppliers and internal customers at all levels of an organization, including Finance, Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality, Supply Chain and Facilities
- Problem solving skills with the ability to objectively evaluate and develop executive management-level recommendations
- Very strong leadership, communication and influencing capabilities
- Ability to adapt easily to a rapidly changing environment