Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Senior MEP Construction Manager
Santa Clara, CA
An innovative and well-respected Data Center Design and Development company is looking for an ambitious, detail-oriented, hands-on Senior MEP Construction Manager. This person will manage, evaluate, and assess information related to Mechanical and Electrical systems necessary to construct the project on time in a safe manner, within budget, and to the quality specified by the contract documents.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the MEP coordination process for preconstruction and construction with the internal and external design teams and contractors, ensuring overall installation follows the design requirements, operations and maintenance fundamentals, and quality
- Drive the MEP engineering for projects including requisite design reviews, contractor scope evaluation during pricing, shop drawings/BIM, submittals, and RFI’s
- Manage the review and approval process of major equipment (owner and contractor furnished) and assure that it is coordinated and complies with the design documents and program
- Prepare and manage the contract item’s list for all components, materials, and systems to ensure that all ROJ dates are in compliance with the project schedule with the appropriate approval status
- Lead the resolution of conflicts between the mechanical and electrical systems with the contract documents, site logistics plan, and in compliance with the project
- Lead the project team, contractor/subcontractors, owner’s consultants, and internal Vantage representatives to ensure optimal alignment and efficient MEP systems
- Conduct regular project walkthroughs with the MEP staff to ensure that work is proceeding in accordance with the contract documents, coordination drawings, and approved
- Participate in schedule update meetings and provide the latest information for an informed and accurate schedule.
- Assist the construction manager with review, evaluation, and negotiation of all MEP change orders
- Prepare scope of work documents with a division of responsibility (coordination matrix) for trades and specific scopes of work for temporary
- Manage the overall turnover process including start-up, testing, commissioning and
- Identify and inform field staff of difficult installation requirements in sufficient time to allow for proper planning and
- Create and implement the quality control plan with the MEP Superintendent and/or 3rd party QAQC
- Assist with the MOP planning, creation, and approval process between contractor and our site operations
- Maintain all duties and job functions through Vantage’s EMT including tracking lessons learned for continuous improvement
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or related degree, required
- 5+ years of experience in MEP Construction is required, 8+ years preferred
- Technical expertise and understanding of all mechanical and electrical systems that support the broad array of projects in our portfolio and how they interact with each other is required
- Business acumen to plan, manage and execute all the essential duties with excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational ability, and proficiency with computer applications is required
- Demonstrate the personal attributes of a leader to encourage the development of a high-performing team
- Data Center experience is strongly preferred, but not required