Job Title: Senior Tax Analyst
Location: Pennsylvania (Remote)
Schedule: Monday - Friday / 8:00am-5:00pm (EST)
Start Date: 2/1/2021 (Flexible)
Job Type: 3-month Contract
Pay: $60-$63 an hour
* Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
*Prior experience with tax accounting strongly preferred
* 3-5 years experience in accounting; experience in manufacturing, auditing, as well as Corporate Income Tax
*Must have experience with reconciliations and following up with notices; requesting schedule, repository and research
*Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
*MS in Taxation or pursuing such degree a plus
*CPA or Enrolled Agent eligibility preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Good communication skills, both oral and written
* Strong Excel skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time, problem solve, and work as part of a team are crucial
* Detail oriented
* Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills
* High energy and eagerness to demonstrate personal initiative
*Must have strong understanding of data manipulation;
*Previous experience assisting with notification for audits on tax returns, pulling together data to present to auditors from
*Strong understanding and knowledge of depreciation and organizing files for depreciation/setup procedures
Corporate Tax Experience:
Familiar with tax research software (RIA or CCH) a plus
Familiar with SAP and HFM applications a plus
Familiar with OneSource Tax Provision software
*Assists in gathering information for completion of various tax compliance, including Canadian and US Federal and State
income and franchise tax returns and audits.
*Assist Manager Tax Operations with liaising with paid consultants for the implementation of various Corporate Income tax
*Works with finance group of various domestic and foreign business units to gather information necessary (trial balances,
fixed asset reports, compensation schedules, etc.) to prepare quarterly tax provisions, tax estimated payments, and federal
and state tax returns and extensions.
*Assists in the gathering and documenting of book-tax differences used in tax provision and return reporting; including
training and supervision of off-shore support teams.
This role will function within the corporate tax operations division.
*Support peer staff accountants by answering notices, pulling together audit data information, assisting with day-to-day;
* Assisting with internal and external audits as follows:
* Gathering of necessary documentation (accounts reconciliations, journal entries, etc) and providing explanations to the
corporate audit team in a timely manner
* Supporting the local internal audit plan by verifying compliance with internal controls (reviewing a sampling of invoices,
contracts, customer returns, etc), reporting control strengths and weaknesses to local management and providing
recommendations for control deficiencies
* Prepares and submits all corporate sales and use tax filings per the appropriate filing requirements for each of the
* Maintains all corporate fixed asset listings ensuring compliance with company policies to include obtaining approvals,
including related ROI analysis, ensuring appropriate useful lives are used in calculating depreciation, preparing depreciation
and amortization entries.
* Completes departmental cross checks of policies and procedures.
* Acts as a primary point of contact for AP and AR issue escalation. Includes working with internal departments and
customers and vendors to resolve problems and answer questions and identifying areas of improvement and implementing
process improvements as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.