Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Software Engineer - Backend Focus
W2 Only Position - No Sponsorship or Corp to Corp Available for this Opportunity
Duration:1 Year or Longer
Backend Focus - Software Engineer
Pay: $76.70 - $87.00
This is an exciting opportunity working for a Gaming Company!
This company employs the most creative, resourceful and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The world of infrastructure and operations is changing at a rapid pace, e.g. cloud computing, hybrid cloud, software define networks (SDN), virtualization services, etc. and we are moving to meet and leverage these new changes to our full advantage. Our environment is highly distributed and dynamic. It services millions of players every day, worldwide.
A Contract Software Engineer for the Technical Operations team will need the agility to operate in this ever-changing ecosystem. This position will be responsible for driving and implementing long term design and technology choices that will be the cornerstone of tools and services that will make up the future of operations and automation processes. These tools and services will underpin modern video game services such as matchmaking, marketplace, and social features to anti-cheat detection, leaderboards, and server-side physics calculations.
The role is a part of a high performing team in a fast-paced organization, requiring partner and business focus. As well as demonstrated skills tied to leadership, people, communication, analytics and adaptability.
The next great Software Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ year relevant work experience.
- Experience with event driven architecture using Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with serverless computing (Serverless Framework).
- Experience with user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Experience with implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient with a back-end programming language (Python, Golang, NodeJS).
- Experience building REST APIs and services, knowledge of technologies such as Swagger and gRPC.
- Experience using Git and related tools like GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket etc.
- Experience with data modelling and SQL, specifically MySQL.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum project environment.
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team.
Nice to have:
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with event pipelines (Kafka/Kinesis)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Experience with non-relational databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB).
- Experience integrating ticketing and alerting systems (Service Now, Jira, Datdog, PagerDuty, etc.)70
Aaron Couch has over twenty years in the staffing arena with a specialized skillset in executive recruiting, contract recruiting as well as contract to hire opportunities and project management. His career within staffing/HR includes executive/professional recruiting, business development, team leadership and strategical startups. Aaron has extensive recruiting and business development expertise in specialized verticals including Healthcare, IT, Engineering as well as Accounting & Finance. Aaron is a graduate of San Francisco State University where he completed his undergrad studies, following up with a Master’s in Organizational Management with a specialization in Human Resources from Ashford University I Forbes School of Business & Technology.
Aaron thrives in finding individuals their dream job careers that they are passionate about as well consulting with clients to find them the ideal candidate and fit for their company. He is active within the community volunteering for local nonprofit organizations, as well being active in the local chamber and other human resource “thinktank” groups. The motto that has passed down from generation to generation in his family is “Carpe Diem” and this seize the day attitude determines his altitude daily.
Aaron was raised on the North Coast in the Redwoods and enjoys spending time camping/traveling in the great outdoors with family and friends. The outdoor activities he enjoys include kayaking, hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding, boating and is also known to explore golf courses to play as well. He also loves authors of business and motivation and one of his favorite’s is from Tony Robbins which Aaron holds true to his heart, “The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck.”