Job Description: The Accountant II will be responsible for various corporate accounting functions, including but not limited to the monthly and annual financial close, corporate expense variance and trend analysis, audit support, and balance sheet account reconciliations.
* Assist in month-end and year-end closing; prepare necessary journal entries and accruals. Perform variation analyses for SG&A expense and trend analysis for both BS and P&L during the closing cycle.
* Quarterly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts to the general ledger, including monthly cash reconciliations.
* Quarterly worldwide flux analysis for BS and P&L.
* Support finance management in acquisition accounting.
* Perform inter-company accounting and reconciliations.
* Create new G/L accounts as requested for capital spending and on an as needed basis for the business.
* Provide requested data to corporate tax department for annual and/or quarterly federal, state and local tax returns.
* Federal NAICS reporting.
* Audit support.
* Special projects as assigned.
* Prepare ad hoc financial reports upon request. Including but not limited to JDE report writing and Business Objects.
* Ensures accuracy and consistency in reporting of data.
* Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Position reports to the Manager, Accounting. The individual will interface with the Director of Accounting and the Corporate Controller as well as other Finance staff and management.
* Accounting or Finance degree or equivalent
* Minimum 3-5 years experience in Accounting
* SAP experience preferred
* Knowledge of full accounting cycle- accounts payable/receivable, account reconciliation and analysis.
* Knowledge of parent and subsidiary accounting and purchase accounting.
* Intermediate to advanced level user with Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Excel), with the ability to learn various software packages quickly.
* Advanced analytical and problem solving capabilities.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to organize and prioritize in order to adhere to corporate accounting schedule.
* Attention to detail.
* Able to work independently and be self motivated in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.