Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
1130 Sanctuary Parkway, Suite 600 Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 | Contract
Wollborg Michelson is looking for a Senior Accountant to support a large healthcare insurance company in Alpharetta, GA.
About the Position:
- Prepares financial statements and supplemental financial reports.
- Prepares complex journal entries and provides analysis of general ledger accounts, variances and trends.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for the Director, and other programs requiring stand alone financial reporting.
- Creates and maintains standard and customized financial reports for the Enterprise.
- Works on various accounts payable and brokers commission functions and prepares ad-hoc management reporting as required.
- Provides accounting and payment processing for all Enterprise unclaimed property reporting.
- Provides advice and training for less experienced Accountants and resolves escalated issues, as needed.
- May perform higher level accounting functions for accounts payable or broker commissions.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Advanced knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and general accounting structure, policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational/time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excel skills
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent education, training or experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years related accounting and financial work experience