Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Sr. HR Generalist
3505 20th Street San Francisco, California 94110 | Direct Hire
Senior HR Generalist, People + Culture
The Opportunity: Our client has an immediate opening for a Senior Human Resources Generalist in its People + Culture office. She/he will be responsible for creating a world-class employee experience across their organization. Successful candidate will provide oversight and hands-on HR support on a day-to-day basis for all of the company' s locations throughout SF. Accountabilities include staff on-boarding and new hire orientation, benefits administration, employee relations and investigations, ADA accommodation requests, Worker’ s Compensation administration, leave of absence management, terminations, compliance, diversity/equity/inclusion programs, and training and professional development. This role will collaborate with the People + Culture team to develop an HR infrastructure that supports the Mission, Vision and core values of the company.
- Service – Create an inspiring, supportive and informative employee experience for our staff. Provide excellent internal and external service and act as an ambassador for Client’ s Mission, Vision and Core Values of Love, Passion, and Integrity.
- People – Be an advocate for all staff members, enhancing morale, accountability, performance, retention, safety, and professional development opportunities.
- Operations – Achieve seamless service goal by planning and managing department workflow and processes; develop increasing levels of efficiency in all department operations through continual process improvement.
- Compliance – Ensure policies and procedures are up to date and in compliance with federal, state and local employment regulations; coach management on policy and best practices.
- Fluent written and spoken English required; bi-lingual/fluency in Spanish required.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years dedicated experience in Human Resources or similar function.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated ability to connect, support, and empathize with a diversity of people and perspectives.
- Demonstrated project management, documentation and process building skills.
- Strong presentation and meeting preparation skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to travel to all locations in the Bay Area.
- Basic understanding of local, state and federal employment laws and compliance requirements.
- Ability to research, evaluate and analyze complex information and situations.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize competing projects and business needs.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, impeccable discretion, sensitivity, and creativity.
- Ability to balance the needs of the staff with the needs of the business.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and HRIS software; demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
Client offers great benefits including 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision (plus dependent coverage), PTO and other perks.
Direct Hire Recruiter
Kurt has worked in the recruiting industry in San Francisco for more than a decade. He’s placed candidates primarily in finance, legal, consulting, non-profits and tech companies. He specializes in filling roles in Human Resources, Administrative Support, Legal and Accounting & Finance. He’s very excited to join the Direct Hire team at Wollborg Michelson.
Originally from New England, he studied acting in college and in grad school, plays guitar and occasionally writes a song now and then.