Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Sr. IT Business Systems Analyst
san Jose, CA 95128
Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is currently recruiting for an outstanding Sr. IT Business Systems Analyst" for a renowned healthcare client located in San Jose, CA.
We are interviewing immediately as the client would like to meet candidates!
Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We' re also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
The primary purpose of the Senior IT Business Systems Analyst is to work as a liaison among enterprise applications business stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems, in conjunction with a strong understanding of the relevant technologies at an application administration level. Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. Interprets and transforms information based on business requirements and provides the data for delivery. Conducts detailed research of vendor products, assists with general project management and able to take on enterprise application administrative tasks.
In addition, the Senior IT Business Systems Analyst is expected to follow best practices and strive towards standardizing how work is managed and delivered. This includes regular status reporting, escalation of issues to business sponsors, and participation in driving the usability, efficiency and scalability of enterprise applications functionality.
The Senior IT Business Systems Analyst coaches and mentors other Business Systems Analysts.
Strategy & Planning
· Define scope, goals and deliverables that support business and technology goals in collaboration with senior IT management and business stakeholders.
· Set and continually manage business partner expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
· Plan, schedule, track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
· Work with the business partners and team members to develop an ongoing release calendar and maintain the status
· Develop content of status reports, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
· Where applicable, develop the business use cases to identify the scope, budget, timeframes as well as ROI
· Conduct release post mortem' s and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful elements
· Develop best practices and tools for systems analysis
Acquisition & Deployment
· Estimate the resources and participants needed to deliver on business requirements, working with other IT Technology Service providers.
· Draft and submit changes (Change Control), and recommend subsequent changes (scope, budget, resources) where necessary.
· Where required, negotiate with other managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
· Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and work with IT service providers as necessary during project cycle to secure required resources.
· If required by requirements scope, partner with IT PMO project manager, business lead or business project manager to complete deliverables
· Manage issue/task management dashboard(s) that are customer (business partner) facing
· Own the delivery of solutions from beginning to end, inclusive of a stabilization period after “ go live”
· Follow a standard SDLC with associated communications documents.
· Facilitate soliciting and formalize requirements (business and technical) as input to solution design
Identify and manage issue dependencies
· Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
· Proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
· Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
· Coach, mentor, motivate and train the less experienced within the team on best practices, tools, templates and methodologies
· Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the team
Other Satellite Core Responsibilities
· Responsible for driving the Healthcare Client' s culture through values and customer service standards
· Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
· Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
· Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Healthcare Client' s-CARE Standards. Employees must abide by all Healthcare Client' s standards of patient care, patient’ s rights and ethical treatment, and adhere to safety and quality programs.
Minimum Education & Experience:
· Bachelor' s degree in business information systems (IS), computer science or related field
· Ten (10) years + of IT and/or Business experience in a Business Systems Analysis role
· Ten (10) years + of experience working with internal clients and/or external agencies/partners
· Proven experience working with the core business teams of Finance, HR, Legal, Sales & Marketing
· Hands-on experience developing/administering relevant packaged or custom-applications
· Experience administering Microsoft on premise enterprise applications such as MS Dynamics Great Plains and/or MS Dynamics CRM, would be a big plus
· Experience administering SaaS enterprise applications such as Ultipro HRIS, would be a big plus
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· A blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills, as this is a highly visible position depending on the business partners you will be working with
· Well-versed in Microsoft Office applications.
· Understanding of various essential business functions of an organization.
· Strong ability to facilitate process mapping activities and working knowledge of mapping techniques.
· Strong understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
· Strong understanding with how legacy and web-based system interfaces with each other.
· Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
· Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
· Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
· Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment with contractors, resources administratively reporting to other managers, and third-party vendors
· Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
· Proficient understanding of key technologies and processes – programming, database, operations, and platforms
· Able to read, write, speak, understand and satisfactorily communicate with others in English in person, over the phone and via email