Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Sr. Individual Donor Associate
The Sr. Individual Donor Associate serves as a key member of the development team in our Oakland location. They are responsible for expanding relationships with individuals and foundations, while working alongside the other Sr. Individual Donor Associate. In addition this individual will focus on securing major gifts and develop strategies for campaign gifts. The Sr. Individual Donor Associate will also be responsible for creating moments for high-quality donor cultivation and stewardship.
This position is with a widely known social services nonprofit organization located in the East Bay. This role will report directly to the Director of Individual Giving and work cross functional with other departments.
- Develop and implement strategies for solicitation that will grow annual revenue from individual donors through major gifts
- Use sophisticated prospect research techniques and the create tailored proposals and/ or individual stewardship plans.
- Develop a recruitment and retention plan for individual donors to further cultivate relationships and annual revenue.
- Plan and coordinate an active schedule of individual donor solicitations and campaigns that reach new audiences
- Communicate effectively with donors through face-to-face solicitation and stewardship meetings, as well as written and e-communication strategies.
- Provide support to senior and campaign staff in preparation for solicitation or stewardship opportunities, including providing reminders, materials, and draft communications, as well as assisting with briefings, appointment scheduling and call reports.
- Develop and implement a communications plan to keep in regular contact with donors
- Develop event budgets and oversee financial reporting/ reconciliation
- Lead the conceptualization and implementation of small to modest size fundraising and cultivation events such as salons or briefings
- Establish and meet annual goals including, dollars raised, renewal percentages, and donor pipeline development for individual donor portfolio.
- Perform comprehensive ongoing data analysis and evaluation related to all aspects of the annual giving
- Ensure individual giving fundraising activity and interactions are accurately and regularly stored in donor databases and information systems and acknowledgement letters are generated in a timely matter
- Lead special projects as needed
- 3+ years of development/ fundraising experience
- Ability to execute on fundraising plans and strategies
- Experience with using data/ metrics to drive decision making
- Familiar with a Donor Database
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational, writing, and time management skills
- Ability to align with the organization’s mission
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.