Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Sr. Legal Secretary
Oakland, California 94608 | Contract
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES - Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares and processes a variety of legal documents, including pleadings, briefs, agreements, contracts, etc., following attorney’ s instructions.
- Calendars and schedules court dates, meetings and appointments for supervisor.
- Notifies attorneys of court dates, meetings and appointments.
- Files or arranges for the filing of legal briefs and other necessary paperwork with the court.
- Monitors concurrence log for items appearing on Board of Directors or Committee agendas.
- Collects and processes materials for items appearing on Board of Directors
- 7. Maintains the law library, including conferring with publishers’ representatives and preparing purchase requisitions for desired materials.
- 8. Types drafts and a wide variety of finished documents, including both general and legal- related correspondence and documents from stenographic notes, brief instructions or prior materials.
- May use word processing equipment and input or retrieve data from an on-line computer system.
- Initiates specified correspondence such as transmittal letters independently for signature by appropriate staff.
- Reviews finished materials for completeness, accuracy, format, compliance with policies and procedures and appropriate English usage.
- Keeps the Status of Litigation Book up to date.
- Organizes own work, sets priorities and meets critical deadlines.
Standard office administrative and secretarial practices and procedures, including business letter writing and the operation of common office equipment.
Legal terminology, processes, and the format of legal documents.
Record keeping and report preparation.
Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation and vocabulary. Basic business arithmetic.
Providing varied and responsible secretarial, office, administrative, and clerical assistance to one or more attorneys.
Maintaining the law library in an up-to-date manner.
Using initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Composing correspondence independently or from brief instructions.
Organizing work, meeting critical deadlines and following up assignments with a minimum of direction.
An Associate in Science degree in Legal Secretarial from an accredited college.
Two (2) years of (full-time equivalent) verifiable secretarial or office administrative experience in a legal office in the United States. Business or secretarial school training is desirable.
Must be able to type at 50 net wpm from printed copy.
Skill at taking dictation by hand or stenographic machine at a rate of 80 words per minute and transcribing it accurately is desirable.
Additional experience as outlined above may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis.
Senior Program Manager
Harpreet knows that the key to success is building strong relationships, which takes patience, support, and understanding. Harpreet came to Wollborg Michelson with that experience in hand, and currently manages two of WM’s longest standing accounts. She thrives on making great connections with candidates and matching them with their Dream Jobs, like two perfect pieces to a puzzle. In her free time, Harpreet enjoys teaching traditional North Indian dances to children and adults, baking, spending time with her family and friends, and (any chance she gets) visiting Disneyland!