Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Sr. Systems Engineer
This is a W2 Position with No Corp to Corp or Visa Sponsorship Available
Sr. Systems Engineer
Our client loves games and makes games; how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24/7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a flawless player experience is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, resourceful and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
Modern video games rely on many different services behind the scenes. From matchmaking, marketplace, and social features to anti-cheat detection, leaderboards, and server-side physics calculations. This ever-changing and ever-growing ecosystem exposes new operational challenges with every new game launch.
The Contract Senior Systems Engineer works as part of a team responsible for the design of the system architecture, server infrastructure management, and advanced technical support. He/She also provides technical leadership required to effectively deliver high-quality, timely IT solutions and services that meet EA's business needs.
The role is a part of a high performing team in a fast-paced organization, requiring partner and business focus. As well as demonstrated skills tied to leadership, people, communication, analytics and adaptability.
What a Contract Senior Systems Engineer does at EA:
- Provides effective solutions to the most difficult operations engineering problems
- Long term thinking with respect to major design and technology choices
- Operate with complex reporting relationships to reconcile competing priorities and achieve business unit objectives
- Communicates at an expert level via documentation and verbally with both peers and partners
- Collaborates with architects across functions to help set architectural direction for delivering highly reliable, scalable, and operable solutions
- Partners with development teams, DBAs and QA in a DevOps model of agile development process
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial perspective in the ideation and implementation of products and services to accelerate growth
- Transforms business ideas into implementable technology solutions, considering build, buy and partnering alternatives
- Make decisions which may have a broad impact and influence the organizational direction
- Rapidly adapt to new and changing situations to quickly solve problems and find new directions
- Drives continuous improvement through change management procedures - designing, definition of roadmaps, standardization of processes and methodologies
- Periodic rotational 24 hours on call support
Skills: The next great EA Contract Senior Systems Engineer needs:
- Experience designing highly available solutions at scale with security and performance
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (Preferred: Chef and/or Puppet)
- Experience with public cloud services and deployment (Preferred: AWS, GCP, or Azure experience)
- Strong development experience in programming/scripting languages (Preferred: Go, Python, and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and experience with source code management tools
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Strong hands-on experience in building and maintaining infrastructure for micro services
- Experience with Continuous Integration, continuous delivery/deployment tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar
- Strong knowledge of UNIX
- Experience integrating Open Source tools and software
- Experience with TCP/IP, routing, VLANS, AWS Direct Connect, VPN and other networking concepts
- Experience with VMWare, Vagrant, Docker, or Rocket is a definite plus
- Experience with monitoring tools like NewRelic, Zabbix, Nagios or similar
- Excellent DNS, LDAP, syslog and network service experience
- Ability to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in highly complex systems and drive performance optimizations
- Working knowledge of enterprise storage technologies and protocols such as NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Software Defined Storage, Object Storage
- OBSESSIVE desire to automate and improve everything including process improvements, standardizing tools and technologies!
Required Soft Skills:
- Complete ownership and managing the life cycle of end-to-end solutions
- Peer and partner relationship focused
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to learn new skills/technologies quickly and independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Independent problem-solving skills
Skills and Experience:
NETWORK FILE SYSTEM
Aaron Couch has over twenty years in the staffing arena with a specialized skillset in executive recruiting, contract recruiting as well as contract to hire opportunities and project management. His career within staffing/HR includes executive/professional recruiting, business development, team leadership and strategical startups. Aaron has extensive recruiting and business development expertise in specialized verticals including Healthcare, IT, Engineering as well as Accounting & Finance. Aaron is a graduate of San Francisco State University where he completed his undergrad studies, following up with a Master’s in Organizational Management with a specialization in Human Resources from Ashford University I Forbes School of Business & Technology.
Aaron thrives in finding individuals their dream job careers that they are passionate about as well consulting with clients to find them the ideal candidate and fit for their company. He is active within the community volunteering for local nonprofit organizations, as well being active in the local chamber and other human resource “thinktank” groups. The motto that has passed down from generation to generation in his family is “Carpe Diem” and this seize the day attitude determines his altitude daily.
Aaron was raised on the North Coast in the Redwoods and enjoys spending time camping/traveling in the great outdoors with family and friends. The outdoor activities he enjoys include kayaking, hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding, boating and is also known to explore golf courses to play as well. He also loves authors of business and motivation and one of his favorite’s is from Tony Robbins which Aaron holds true to his heart, “The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck.”