Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Pleasanton, California 94583 | Direct Hire
One of the largest homebuilders in the US is currently looking for a Superintendent for their Construction Department in the Sacramento area. The right candidate will manage all functions of the job site as it relates to home construction. Manage construction of multiple homes from dirt through closing while maximizing profits and maintaining excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and direct construction activities of the Assistant Superintendents, Labors, and other staff as assigned
- Responsible for construction and presentation of the homes in a timely manner
- Schedule all involved contractors on-site as well as off-site for each phase of development and construction. Complete each home site on schedule from planning through occupancy, ensuring that all contract obligations are satisfied. Approves work being performed by subcontractors and handles any issues that may arise
- Confirm all approved plans to verify home site is built per plan and specifications. Ensure that the selected options and upgrades are implemented during construction and for homeowner walk-through
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies' regulations
- Be aware of ever changing applicable building codes and OSHA requirements
- Achieve the highest quality work and homeowner satisfaction through effective management of resources and the construction process
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold the subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up
- Conduct detailed inspections after each trade has completed its tasks and before any work is authorized for payment
- Establish and maintain contact with appropriate city officials and inspectors as needed and verify that city final is complete and passed by the city inspector
- Walk each completed home before homeowner walk-through to make sure it is complete, clean and meets standards
- Perform checklists and reports that aid in controlling aspects of the construction process under his or her responsibility
- Prepare punch-list audit for each home and ensure that all punch-list items have been completed prior to homeowner orientations/occupancy
- Manage project close-out and final documentation
- Total involvement with training, communication and development of Assistant Superintendents and field personnel as assigned