Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Sunnyvale, California 94085 | Direct Hire
Reports to: Senior Superintendent
Commanding a wide variety of resources in the field, empowered to make all decisions about scheduling and site management, and being principal contact for all trades and activities, the Project Superintendent is our " Field General" in every sense of that term. We give our Superintendents the tools, responsibility and autonomy to get the job done right— every time.
Primary Areas of Responsibility & Specific Tasks
• Prepare plan
• Coordinate laydown & staging areas
• Ensure path is safe for deliveries
• Install temporary protection as needed
• Ensure all state and city permits are in place
• Understand all subcontractors’ scope of work
• Buy into and fully understand the budget
• Thoroughly review the drawings
• Prepare and update the master schedule
• Chair weekly subcontractor coordination meetings
• Attend weekly OAC Meetings and review 3-week look-ahead schedule
• Track long-lead items
• Order material for self-performed tasks
• Write thorough Daily Job Reports
• Schedule city and special Inspections
• Pre-punch project and manage punch list
• Keep accurate as-built drawings and review subcontractor as-built drawings
• Complete closeout and final permits in a timely manner
• Proactively anticipate all issues to avoid “ surprises” or emergencies
• Implement and enforce Injury and Illness Prevention Program, CalOSHA regulations, as well as other applicable state and federal safety guidelines with regard to company workers, subcontractors, site visitors, et al.
• Prepare Site Safety Program, chair weekly safety meeting, train and discipline workers as needed
• Conduct weekly Safety Meetings and daily jobsite inspections.
• Ensure high standard of quality control for all involved parties
• Accountable for project quality control and owner satisfaction with the finished project.
The successful Superintendent consistently demonstrates:
1. The ability to create “ raving fans” among clients, architects and other stakeholders through exceptional communication and demonstrated passion and caring for the job at hand.
2. Strong, resourceful problem-solving skills; ability to plan strategically and articulate action and contingency plans.
3. Efficiency, diligence and reliability in completing project documentation.
4. Effective team leadership and management; outstanding group-presentation skills; ability to perform under pressure.
5. Proactive management of project schedule; willingness to take initiative and find ways to save time and cost without sacrificing job quality.
6. Commitment to project safety as the highest priority.