Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
111 W. Ocean Blvd. Long Beach, California 90802 | Direct Hire
Exciting Tax Staff Associate Opportunity!
Are you a college grad looking to start an amazing career in public accounting? Have you completed part, or all, of the CPA requirements for certification? A regional leader in the accounting and tax consulting field is looking to bring on a Tax Staff Associate. This individual would be charged with assisting current staff with projects and deliverables, while mainly focusing on developing their own abilities and learning from mentorship and practical applications of school teachings. The company highly values individual, and team, development. They thrive off of excellent customer service and building relationships with customers that end up lasting years.
On top of all of this, the company focuses on growing their employees in order to produce the highest quality of work for their clients. They offer a competitive salary and many great benefits. These include: fantastic health insurance options and coverage, industry leading coaching and mentoring, 401k plan with an increasing company contribution, and company wide events.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and project a professional image that exudes maturity and positivity
- Consistently communicate and work with team members and clients in a professional manner, with the goal of building a lasting relationship
- Aid in planning for client meetings by: reviewing prior year financial statements, prepare the PBC list, set-up files, and acquiring and organizing other relevant information
- Organize and proof client and company documents as needed for projects
- Eliminate loose ends by efficiently documenting open items, updating electronic files, and presenting completed documents in a timely fashion
- Prepare tax returns with supporting detail and complete applicable checklists
- Resolve problems quickly while maintaining supervisor awareness and showing respect to all parties involved
- Adhere to budgets and meet deadlines
- Take initiative in staying busy, seek out responsibilities and provide assistance where possible
- Ask concise and targeted questions to fulfill objectives and tax completion
- Develop basic awareness of tax practices and tax matters
- Complete time sheets on a daily basis
- Be open to learning new things about both yourself and the company
- Pass the CPA exam and become certified
- Learn about all company services and their applications
- Ask for feedback on deliverables in order to learn and grow
- Develop relationships with clients and form individual connection network
- Understand and actively support the company’ s mission and values
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts and systems
- Effective time management skills
- Must be organized
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be eager to continue learning and improving new and existing skills
- Able to fully commit to the company and embrace their values and goals