Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Tissue Donor Coordinator
2667 Alcosta Blvd #500 San Ramon, CA 94583 | Contract To Hire
GENERAL JOB FUNCTION
The Tissue Donation Coordinator coordinates all functions of the Tissue Services recovery program including obtaining appropriate consent and donor medical/social history, determining donor suitability with all partners and coordinating recovery arrangements. The Tissue Donation Coordinator is responsible for interacting and communicating with the Tissue Administrator On-Call, tissue recovery staff, organ clinical staff, donor family members, coroners, funeral homes, hospital staff and other key individuals and groups in a manner that reflects positively on the organization. He/She performs all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations and other applicable Federal, state and local laws.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Accepts referral calls from hospitals, MEO’ s, coroners and funeral homes
* Provides in-depth medical screening of potential tissue donors by effectively communicating with referral source personnel to determine suitability for tissue recovery.
* Works empathetically and professionally with families in crises and deals with death and grieving families in a caring and professional manner.
* Provides families with information surrounding donation and offers appropriate options.
* Conducts donation discussion with legal next of kin and documents authorization per policy.
* Conducts and documents appropriate medical/social history with next of kin and/or other appropriate persons to ensure a safe and reliable supply of tissue.
* Coordinates all aspects required for donation to occur, including coordinating the recovery process with other participating agencies such as hospital, ME/Coroner, transportation vendors and funeral directors.
* Notifies recovery team and assists in preparation of arrangements, as necessary.
* Serves as a representative of DNW. Displays respect for the donor and donor family at all times and maintains donor confidentiality.
* Organized and completes charts/medical records in a timely manner.
* Data entry of referral, donor and recovery information into clinical database.
* Attends departmental meetings and completes required training and readings to ensure compliance and to remain current on tissue banking practices and issues. Maintains and advances technical skills through professional education and training thereby increasing the effectiveness of the department.
* Performs tissue donor referral evaluation following established standard operating procedures and all applicable standards and application.
* May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Consistently exhibits a high standard of integrity and ethical behavior, resolving conflicts in an open, direct and appropriate manner.
* Behaviors and interactions will uphold the Code of Commitment (Teamwork, Integrity and Passion).
* Communicates professionally, effectively and sensitively. Handles stress effectively by using appropriate coping mechanisms and self-care.
* Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with team members. Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent problem solving skills as well as the ability to plan and execute tasks within time constraints.
* Proactive team player who can multitask with ease, and uphold organizational core values.
* Strong attention to detail, and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment and adjusts to new priorities as required.
* Adheres to principles of “ customer service” in all aspects of the job. Supports team members to further the achievements of mission.
* Builds and maintains positive relations with donor partners.
* Makes efficient and effective use of own time. Punctual and reliable, sets and meets realistic deadlines. This position works either 8, 10, or 12 hour shifts on a rotating schedule of days, nights, weekends.
* Attends and participates in departmental and organizational meetings.
* Is committed to proactively focusing on and reviewing data that is collected as it relates to job responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Degree in biologic sciences or an equivalent degree/diploma/certification in an allied health field required. Minimum of 3 years of experience may substitute for educational requirement.
* Minimum 2 years’ related work experience in the organ/tissue industry or healthcare industry; work experience relating to family and/or patient care.