Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
Utilization Management Nurse
3300 Zinfandel Drive Rancho Cordova, California 95670 | Contract
- Work with complex cases promotes the delivery of quality; cost-effective health care services based on medical necessity and contractual benefits.
- Work with other members of HCS team, provider, hospitals, members and their families to plan and review medical necessity, intensity of services, level of care, length of stay and general appropriateness of care.
- Provide guidance to the provider network. Performs effective discharge planning and collaborates with member support system and health care professionals involved in the continuum of care.
- May provide referrals for case management to member segments with chronic illness i.e., disease management, Quality Management and Appeals and Grievance Department.
- Discharge planning for cases that exceed Extension of Authority or dx assigned to RN.
- Coordinate Care for Lower Level of Care coordination such as Skilled Nursing Facility, Home Health, Home Infusion, Rehab. Ability encompasses broad knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures required within health care field.
- Use concepts and abilities as well as internal policies and procedures to complete assignments and solve problems Reviews cases for Continuity of Care and invest/exp requests
Generally requires moderate to thorough experience in nursing, health care or related field. (3 - 5 years)
Current active unrestricted CA RN License. Bachelor of Science in Nursing or advanced degree preferred.
Able to operate PC-based software programs including proficiency in Word and Excel.
Strong clinical documentation skills, independent problem identification and resolution skills