Find Your Dream Job
Finding a Dream Job can feel a lot like searching for a needle in a haystack. We start by viewing each candidate as an individual, identifying their distinct strengths and guiding them to the right opportunities. We're also big believers in mentoring our candidates and creating long-term relationships. Helping you find your Dream Job is really just the start. We want to help you build a Dream Career!
Stop Dreaming. Start Searching.
St. Helena, CA
OBJECTIVE: As the primary on-site representative for our client, a highly regarded, prestigious winery in Napa County, CA, the On-Site Ambassador represents the culture and philosophy of this winery for its guests. The On-Site Ambassador will authentically live the wine estate’s values, with curiosity for people and the ability to understand and engage with others’ interests across different subjects. By providing exceptional service and a memorable experience when hosting private tours and tastings and by offering direct-to-consumer sales at the time of the visit, the On-Site Ambassador will successfully generate long term, repeated business from existing and new patrons.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as ambassador and storyteller.
- Provide authentic visits and tastings on property adapting the experience to the interests of the guests without compromising the core values of our estate.
- Follow a choreographed, but not scripted tour lay-out. Use a genuine demeanor, while following specific steps of service and high standards for guest experience.
- Build rapport with guests by asking open ended questions in order to tailor the experience to their interests. Share information about our land, our philosophy, our wines, and our programs, all tailored accordingly.
- Invite guests to purchase wines, join our allocation list and / or our loyalty programs when appropriate.
- Create, maintain and nourish subscriber relations that contribute to the longevity of our mailing list.
- Practice responsible hospitality at all times.
- Collect, record and update our database with personal, preference and purchase history information on all guests at the property.
- Coordinate sales and wine delivery with the appropriate department (Accounts Receivable, Inventory, and Fulfillment).
- Send a hand written, personalized thank you note after each visit.
- Set-up and breakdown visits and tastings.
- Maintain the perfect tidiness of the tasting rooms and all guest facing areas at all times.
- Clean and polish all tools related to the hospitality activity.
- Assist in coordinating overall winery hospitality schedule in partnership with the Hospitality Manager, Concierge and other On-Site Ambassadors.
- Coordinate with Property Steward and Hospitality Manager on inventory and maintenance needs for the property.
- Assist with inventories of wines in the tasting rooms.
- Capture all necessary metrics to assist the Hospitality Manager in evaluating the overall performance of the hospitality program.
- Identify and assist with designing constant improvements to the guest experience.
- Assist the Hospitality Manager in building the mailing list with qualified subscribers by developing relationships with local referral networks and being present at on-site and off-site events, as needed.
- Serve as a secondary point person with outside properties, off-site events and/or local referral sources.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 4 years of luxury guest or member relations experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about wine, food and agriculture, with a willingness to broaden knowledge base
- Strong interest professional wine tasting and wine service skills.
- Breadth of interest across many subjects & depth of knowledge with interest to continue learning
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, CRM Dynamics, Navision
- Willingness and ability to:
- Lift and handle materials weighing up to 40 pounds
- Work overtime whenever required.
- Stand on hard surface for extended periods
- Grasp, stoop, squat, climb stairs, push or pull, carry, and reach over shoulder
- Valid California driver’s license
SKILLS & TRAITS – Successful Candidates will have or be the following:
- Service heart, warm and welcoming.
- Personable and attentive to guests and associates.
- Confident communicator that naturally earns others’ attention and respect.
- Strong relationship, rapport building, interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Consultative approach to providing opportunities to purchase wine and to join the allocation list and membership programs
- Understand and work towards assigned goals.
- Self-aware, humble, diplomatic and professional. Able to maintain a “close distance.”
- Good energy, solid work pace. Ability to work under pressure.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills yet adaptable to changing conditions when needed.
- Respects structure, process and routines that result in a quality guest experience.
- A professional with sound judgement and the highest ethical standards. Proactive, honest and trustworthy.
- Team oriented.
ALIGNED VALUES – Successful Candidates will share in our client’s values:
- Family business
- Team work
- Long term vision
Meet Your Recruiter
Direct Hire Recruiter
Kurt has worked in the recruiting industry in San Francisco for more than a decade, placing candidates primarily in finance, tech, non-profits and food & beverage industries. He specializes in filling roles in Human Resources, Administrative Support and Accounting & Finance. Originally from New England, he studied acting in college and in grad school, plays guitar and is a singer/songwriter in his spare time.